Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 19, 2021
We are a rapidly growing power electronics technology startup in
Austin, Texas, developing EV, Microgrid, Storage, and converter
products. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the
world of power electronics. If you are great at what you do, enjoy
working in a startup environment, and are passionate about
developing cutting-edge manufacturing processes for high
reliability, we would like to hear from you.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you are expected to be 100% onsite
at the facility - this is not a remote position.
- Conducts and participates in engineering tests to validate the
robustness and proper performance of design.
- Creates designs using 3D SolidWorks CAD to meet product
requirements. Plans and conducts testing to validate design
function. Outputs to including CAD drawings, reports, and
- Experience with thermal design tools such as ICEPAK. Experience
with passive, forced air, and liquid cooled systems.
- Experience analyzing mechanical stress, vibration, and
- Collaborates with electronic design engineers to create product
design and test.
- Develops manufacturing and production processes during
prototype stage and during the launch of new products.
- Works with design team to establish material and hardware
requirements for products.
- Creates bill of materials, work instructions & manufacturing
drawings that are accurate and properly structured for
- Experience with electronic printed circuit board design &
- Experience working with electronic suppliers that use automatic
and manual component placement/test
- Ensures deliverables are met per program schedules.
Qualified Candidates Must Have:
- MSME or BSME
- 2+ years of relevant experience in electro/mechanical
- Experience designing and testing forced air cooled and liquid
cooled products and thermal simulation tools such as ICEPAK.
- Roto molding, Injection molding and Thermoforming experience
with FEA and other Computer based modeling analysis a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude of interpretation of mechanical drawing
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing-driven design
- Ability to read/understand complex drawings and 3D databases.
Proficient Designing in 3D using SolidWorks CAD software.
- Working ability in reading and understanding complex technical
- Ability in organize and manage multiple projects, set
priorities and work independently.
- Ability to work with development teams across the different
lines of business and with suppliers to develop custom
We provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our
employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status. US citizenship or permanent
residency is required for this position.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!