Director of Engineering
Company: Infinitum Electric
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Infinitum Electric is changing the way electric drives are
designed, built, and used with its patented air core axial flux PM
machines utilizing printed circuit board (PCB) stators and its
SiC-based power converters. Our electric motors and generators are
more efficient, more durable, smaller, and lighter than
conventional iron core machines. This is an exciting opportunity
for the right candidate to join a team that is revolutionizing
electric machine technology.
The Director of Engineering reports to the VP of Technology and is
responsible for improving and supporting existing products, driving
cost-out initiatives, and providing engineering support to vendors
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead the engineering team establishing short and long term
goals in line with companys objectives.
- Direct the creation of engineering documentation of Infinitum
Electrics products while establishing and/or improving design
standards with focus on DFM.
- Drive NPI process in connection to companys product
- Support R&D activities by providing resources to R&D
- Sustain a continuous improvement program to reduce product cost
and improve product quality.
- Manage the PDM system ensuring critical product design
information is secure while readily available to users.
- Expand the companys engineering capabilities by developing
staff and recruiting technical talent.
- Maintains product compliance and certification to applicable
- Establish test protocols to ensure product performance and
- Manage technical computing resources by reviewing department
needs, staying abreast of new developments, and preparing annual
- Maintain engineering compliance to ISO 9001 and other quality
- Bachelors of Science degree (B. S.) in Mechanical or Electrical
Engineering from four-year college or university (required),
Masters degree (preferred) or equivalent combination of education
Experience And Skills
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing
multidisciplinary engineering teams developing and designing
electrical products, preferably electric motors and/or drives.
- Proven track record driving NPI process.
- Experience with product certification (UL, ETL or
- Experience managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability
to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Previous experience working in start-ups is a plus.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate complex topics
in accessible and clear terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please click on this link to complete a survey as part of the
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Infinitum Electric, Round Rock , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!