Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Company: Infinitum Electric
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Infinitum Electric has developed a breakthrough electric motor
thats significantly smaller, smarter, and more efficient. Our
vision is to embed our technology in everything from HVAC systems
to electric vehicles.
The Power Electronics Hardware Engineer reports to the Principal
Director of Technology and is responsible for the design of AC/AC
and DC/AC power converters and associated control circuits. That
includes generating schematics, PCB design and layout, and
prototype testing and validation. This is to be accomplished by
working closely with the Principal Director of Technology and other
members of the staff, both electrical and mechanical.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs AC/AC or DC/AC power converter circuits with various
topologies using solid state switching devices
- Creates printed circuit board schematics, layouts, bills of
materials, block diagrams, wire lists and point to point
- Identifies, specifies, and selects components such as SICFETs,
MOSFETs, IGBTs, diodes, power supplies, capacitors, reactors,
transformers, semiconductor fuses, and other components typically
used in power converters.
- Designs analog and digital circuitry which uses processors,
FPGAs, A/D converters, D/A converters, fiber optics, signal
shifters, op amps, current sources, power supplies, and other
- Designs magnetic components such as reactors and
- Designs control circuits for power converters capable of
executing the desired control strategy (space vector modulation,
V/Hz, regenerative, etc.)
- Develop computer simulations to verify designs and predict
- Develops and implements test procedures for power converters.
Coordinates and conducts tests in the lab
- Assist in the design, specification and procurement of lab test
jigs and instrumentation
- Works with mechanical engineers to integrate power converters
into electric machines addressing thermal management, wiring
layout, and insulation clearances
- Generates product specification and documentation
- Stays abreast of technology trends in the field of power
converters investigating developments that can enhance and improve
- Supports product certification by interfacing with
certification bodies such as UL
- Conducts system reliability analysis
- Supports system installation, startup, maintenance,
troubleshooting and repair in lab factory floor and/or in the
- Assists on customer training
- Provides mentoring and training to less experienced
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Physical Science (or
equivalent work experience). Masters Degree Preferred.
- 8+ years related work experience
- Must be proficient in PCA design using Altium.
- 5+ years experience designing AC/AC and AC/DC power converters,
preferably variable frequency drives for use with electric motors,
and associated control circuitry.
- Experience with converter design using wide bandgap
semiconductors, SIC and/or GAN.
- Hands-on experience testing electric drive systems comprising
power converters and electric motors.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations
where only limited standardization and/or information exists
- Experience with UL and CSA testing and certification process is
- Practical understanding of electric machine principles is A
- Experience with motor control firmware development using C/C++
language, and experience with TI code composer studio is A
- Working knowledge of standards and codes governing power
converters is A PLUS
- Proficiency in simulation tools such as PSpice, PSIM, PLECS or
Matlab Simulink is A PLUS
This role will work in either our Round Rock, Texas or Liberty
Lake, Washington location.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Stock Options
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance Potential
- Flexible Schedule-dependent upon scope of work
- Kitchen Snacks / Friday Team Lunches
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Infinitum Electric, Round Rock , Senior Power Electronics Engineer, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!