Engineering Service Manager
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 29, 2023
The Engineering Service Manager is responsible for leading the
team designing synchronous and DC machines, providing timely
documentation and support to manufacturing and testing, and input
to negotiations of new contracts. Drives product cost reduction,
standardization, process improvement, and engineering productivity.
Leads the service engineering team that is responsible for
evaluating repair needs and developing repair plans for electric
machines, supporting production, testing and field service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage order and project execution ensuring timely completion
while meeting or exceeding product quality and performance
- Coordinate the preparation of technical proposals, outline
drawings, customer documentation, and electrical and mechanical
design including manufacturing drawings and bill-of-materials for
synchronous and DC machines.
- Coordinate the preparation of drawings, repair instructions,
customer reports and other relevant documentation required for
- Drive process improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate and conduct design reviews.
- Interface with internal and external customers to clarify
specifications and expectations, prepare and present technical
reports and provide technical advice.
- Develop and execute or make recommendations to management on
projects for product improvement. Make recommendations as to
develop new products/services to meet market trends and assist in
the creation of future design strategies.
- Establish performance, cost reduction and productivity goals
for the department and create KPIs to support those goals.
- Monitor and manage department performance to ensure achievement
of KPIs. Regularly provide reports covering department performance
and KPI achievement status.
- Monitor and administer team performance, morale and engagement.
Continuously identify training needs and develop training plans to
enhance personnel capabilities, skills and performance. This also
includes hiring, terminating, preparing and conducting of
performance evaluations, as well as, providing performance related
feedback including disciplinary actions as required.
- Engage and provide technical support to Company's projects
aiming at cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Plan and perform engineering duties on new or varied problems
where only general objectives are stated and where no previous
design or development data exists. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
(required), master's degree (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years related experience and/or equivalent
combination of education and training.
- A minimum of five years previous experience managing complex
projects and engineering staff is required.
- Experience with medium and high voltage rotating machines is
- Three to five years using applicable industry standards.
- Proven track record of successfully launching new
- Experience using CAD, PLM and ERP systems.
- Must be a US person due to work on government contracts.
Keywords: TECO-Westinghouse, Round Rock , Engineering Service Manager, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...