Director of Engineering
Company: TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Director of Engineering - Careers At Teco-Westinghouse Motor
Company Career Opportunities with Teco-Westinghouse Motor Company
Careers At Teco-Westinghouse Motor Company Current job
opportunities are posted here as they become available. Subscribe
to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become
available. Back To Openings Director of Engineering Department:
MC4E00 Engineering Administration Location: Round Rock, TX
START YOUR APPLICATION SUMMARYThe Director of Engineering reports
to the President of TECO-Westinghouse. He or she develops and
executes TECO-Westinghouse's technology strategy, directs product
development activities, directs and coordinates all activities
related to negotiation designs and engineering documentation for
shop orders and after-market services, implements and sustains
continuous improvement initiatives, and builds and manages
TECO-Westinghouse's IP portfolio.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to establish short and long term
objectives, plans, and policies driving product and technology
development and project execution in support of company's growth
- In conjunction with Business Development, builds product and
technology roadmaps, and develops and executes plans to achieve the
- Engages in TECO's product development and engineering efforts,
providing technical leadership and leading global engineering
initiatives as required.
- Prepares and manages engineering and R&D operating and
capital budgets consistent with P&L and company financial
- Expands the company's technical knowledge and engineering
capabilities by developing staff and recruiting technical talent in
support of technology and product development objectives.
- Establishes and manages KPIs and conduct regular performance
- Sustains a continuous improvement program to reduce department
errors, increase productivity, and refine design tools.
- Ensures timely execution of engineering orders, and product
development projects within budget.
- Manages technical computing resources by reviewing department
needs, staying abreast of new developments, and preparing annual
- Stays abreast of technological developments relevant to
company's business and takes necessary steps to assess technology
readiness and applicability to company's products and
- Manages company's IP portfolio determining IP protection
strategy, and working with patent attorneys on patent filings.
- Engages universities and government agencies in the development
of business cases and technology development proposals, and
securing funding and resources for R&D projects.
- Represents the company in business and technical venues, before
customers, stakeholders and the public.
- Ensures company's engineering know-how and technical data is
securely maintained and retrieved.
- Maintains engineering compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14000
standards and with company affirmative action plan and company
- Other functions as required (non-essential
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing
multidisciplinary engineering teams developing and designing medium
voltage variable frequency drives and/or medium and high voltage
custom industrial electric machines in the multi megawatt
- At least fifteen years of experience designing and/or building
medium voltage power converters or multi megawatt electric rotating
- Experience in manufacturing and/or field support of custom
electrical equipment is an asset.
- Managerial experience must include budget preparation and
management, P&L management, project planning and management,
KPI formulation and tracking, and personnel development.
- Experience managing continuous improvement initiatives is an
- Proven track record driving business growth through product
development and NPI, and developing and executing product
- Experience interacting with universities and government
agencies in building business cases for R&D work and
- Experience managing IP portfolio and patent process.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for medium voltage
power converters and electric machines is a plus.EDUCATION and
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university
in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Master's or PhD. degree
- Ability to confidently represent the company in technical or
- Strong people skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate complex topics
in accessible and clear terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.MANAGEMENT
DISCLAIMERTECO-Westinghouse Motor Company's (TECO-Westinghouse)
Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the
duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet
business and organizational needs. This position description may
not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the
position may be asked to perform other duties. This position
description is not a contract for employment and either the
incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any
time, for any reason.We offer a competitive compensation package,
attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement,
and many opportunities to continue your professional growth. START
Visit Our Home Page - 2023 Teco-Westinghouse Motor CompanyApplicant
Tracking System Powered by -
Keywords: TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company, Round Rock , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!