RN / Manager / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse-Emergency Department Job
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 7, 2020
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
is part of , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospitals
comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart
Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rockthe first specialized
cardiac facility in Williamson Countywith the only Hybrid Operating
Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour
emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level
II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St.
David's Emergency Centers in Cedar Park and Leander. St. Davids
Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced
orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties.
In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for
Clinical Excellence from and also earned a national distinction for
patient safety from .
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Position SummaryThis position, under the supervision of the ED
Director, Manager, Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse, appropriately
coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient
care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing
assessment of the patient and family, development of a family
centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient
teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from
the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
Job FunctionUnit Operations: Maintains productivity by the flexible
and efficient organization of patient care assignments and other
duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving to
meet changing departmental and patient needs.
- Independently assesses and evaluates patient needs.
- Provides psychological and social support to the patient and
- Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of St.
Davids Healthcare Partnership through a positive interaction with
all visitors on the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working
- Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care
are noted and correctly transcribed.
- Fiscal Accountability: Demonstrates awareness of and a
commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Round Rock Medical
Center and the St. Davids Healthcare Partnership.
- Understands how team performance contributes to the overall
business success of the partnership.
- Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other
business goals with delivery of quality services.
- Considers sources in the performance of routine
- Patient Care: Responds to the developmental needs of the
patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient
growth and development and by providing individualized
patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and
- Keep physicians and the ED Director, Manager Supervisor and/or
Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient
and their family.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding
unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
- Provides patient care, which follows the Nursing Process and
adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Customer Service: Actively assists the ED Director, Manager,
Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse in the promotion of pos...
Keywords: HCA., Round Rock , RN / Manager / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse-Emergency Department Job, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!