Assistant Store Manager-Terra Vista
Company: Goodwill Central Texas
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCOMPANY:Established in 1958, Goodwill Central
Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands
of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce
development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a
cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our
donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing
solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is to empower
every Central Texan to transform their lives through work and
education. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform
their lives!COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:Goodwill
Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving
a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are
valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This
commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do
business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization
is essential to our success.We embrace and encourage our employees'
differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital
status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin,
physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion,
sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and
other characteristics that make our employees unique.POSITION
SUMMARY:The Assistant Manager coordinates with the General Manager
of the retail store to oversee the employees and processes involved
with all aspects of the daily operations of the store, including
customer service, stocking, merchandising, inventory control,
budgeting, and record keeping. The Assistant Manager helps to
ensure overall production efficiency and to maintain standards in
store organization and safety. In the absence of the General
Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for all store
- Oversees and executes the overall operation of the retail store
with the general manager.
- Performs daily administrative/clerical functions of store
operations such as cash transactions, ordering supplies, and
opening and closing the store.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production, and closing operations including work on weekends and
- Assist in the supervision and training of employees, including
setting work schedules for employees.
- Must be able to fulfill the duties of all production and retail
staff, as needed, to include greeting donors and safely unloading
donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, sorting donated
items into designated categories, accurate cash handling,
maintaining sales floor neat and orderly, assist customers with
purchases, and perform store upkeep duties.
- Create an atmosphere of ongoing exceptional customer service
for both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and ensure a smooth process for all donation functions,
while adhering to and enforcing security, audit and control
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure
proper sales procedures are followed.
- Maintain staffing levels in production and on the sales floor
while attaining budgeted payroll expense. This includes firing,
hiring, and training all new associates in accordance with Goodwill
- Maintain a neat and orderly store that is properly equipped and
supplied to meet all budgetary requirements.
- Maintain effective email, phone and face to face communication
with other divisions and stores as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the employment and training program
to further the mission.
- Assist customers and handle all complaints.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:This position has supervisory responsibilities
over the Sales Associates, Merchandise Processors, Donation
Attendants, Retail Team Leaders, and Production Team Leaders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of assistant managerial/supervisory
experience supervising several departments and/or staff of 10 or
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b matchCOMPENSATION:Depending on experience and
qualificationsAll qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Post offer
background check is required to ensure applicant meets all
eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location.
Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.Powered by
Keywords: Goodwill Central Texas, Round Rock , Assistant Store Manager-Terra Vista, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!