Medical Surgical Nurse Manager
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you ready to manage in a new era as
a Medical Surgical Nurse Manager where building a healthier
tomorrow is more than a job? Our St. David's Medical Center team is
committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more
lives in more ways. Share your resume today.BenefitsWe are
committed to providing our executives the support they need. At St.
David's Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive
benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision
benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsOur teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year
about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA
Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) Medical Surgical Nurse
Manager where your passion for leading and creativity are valued?
We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Nursing Manager will be responsible for the
clinical and financial outcomes of designated clinical unit/units.
Acts as a representative of the Director of Nursing and
Administration. Collaborates with Director of Nursing and Clinical
Nurse Coordinators to ensure competent, cost effective patient
- You will ensure accuracy and completeness of paperwork for
patient and employee incident reports and medication error report.
Forward paperwork to DON/designee within 24 hours of incident.
- You will ensure completion of Performance Improvement reports
on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- You will facilitate involvement of staff in Performance
- You will assist with development of unit budget. Ensure
accurate and complete Patient Services.
- You will interpret hospital and personnel policies to
physicians, nursing staff, patients, visitors, and other health
- You will facilitate staff development and orientation of new
- You will attend monthly staff meetings on each shift to share
and receive information.
- You will provide follow up with physician and patient/family
issues. What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years in a clinical setting is a full-service hospital
located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a
24-hour emergency department, the region s largest Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned and .
The full provided at St. David s Medical Center includes cancer
care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement
and orthopedics, women s services, complex surgical services, and a
. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital
providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.St.
David s Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is
one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David s HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health
Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare s more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing ExecutiveIf this is the
kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the
Medical Surgical Nurse Manager role. We are interviewing apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Associated topics:
cardiothoracic, care, care unit, coronary, infusion, intensive
care, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu, unit
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Round Rock , Medical Surgical Nurse Manager, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!