Director of Activities / Resident Engagement, Luxury Memory Care
Company: Spring Hills, LLC
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 18, 2022
We are looking for a *Director of Activities / Resident
Engagement *to join our team at Poets Walk Round Rock, a Spring
Hills Memory Care Community. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package: * Bonuses - Performance Based, Annual Longevity & Generous
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* 100% Paid Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Sick/Personal Time
* Employee Appreciation Program
* 401K Match
* Continuing Education Available Our company is defined by our
motto of "Caring with a Commitment to Quality" by aspiring to the
highest professional standards, while providing care and services
in a nourishing, compassionate environment that supports the health
and well-being of each of our residents. Our ongoing concern for
the needs of our communities, along with a dedication to the
highest personal and professional standards will inspire us to
exceed the expectations of the people we serve, which include our
residents and our fellow associates. We are a premiere health care
provider in the communities that we service. *Essential Functions:
** Attends work as scheduled and follows community's call-off
* Plans, develops, and implements resident lifestyle programming
within the community as well as through outside trips and
* Works to encourage residents who have no or low
* Interviews residents to determine their past and present
interests and talents, as well as their satisfaction with the
community's programs and activities.
* Observes residents' functions and behaviors and reports
significant changes or concerns to appropriate staff.
* Performs work tasks in a manner that preserves each resident's
dignity, privacy and confidentiality.
* Utilizes outside community resources and independent contractors
to enrich the variety of programs made available to residents.
* Develops and manages the annual department budget.
* Documents and maintains all records as required to effectively
manage the department.
* Secures and maintains all department supplies and equipment.
* Develops and distributes the resident newsletter/calendar and
other lifestyle programming communications on a regular and monthly
basis conforming to company's standards.
* Coordinates outings and weekly transportation schedule.
* Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and terminates departmental
associates in accordance with company's Human Resources
* Maintains appropriate staff schedules to ensure proper
* Works cooperatively with all other departments in planning shared
* Builds a robust volunteer database to ensure a variety of monthly
* Maintains an inviting, functional and organized program area,
including appropriate and seasonal decoration of display areas.
* Manages Spring Cottage recreation program effectively.
* Works with Executive Director to educate the community,
professionals, and resident inquiries on the Spring Cottage
* Efficiently manages time on a daily basis so that department
staff, including self, is spending equal amounts of time in Spring
Cottage carrying out programming as in Assisted Living.
* Organizes and carries out or delegates Spring Cottage staff
trainings, Dementia Educations Seminars (to families and public),
Quarterly Family Fellowship Time, and Monthly Support Group.
*Qualifications/Skills/Educational Requirements: ** At least 2 year
degree from a college or university
* Supervisory Experience.
* Qualified recreation specialist or an activities professional who
is eligible for certification as a recreation
specialists/recreation assistant, or an activities professional by
a recognized accrediting body, such as the National Council for
Therapeutic Recreation Certification, the National Certification
Council for Activity Professionals, or the Consortium for
Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification, Inc.; or; has two
years of experience in a social or recreational program within the
last five years, one year of which was full-time in an activities
program in a health care setting; or has completed an activity
director training course approved by the National Association for
Activity Professionals or the National Therapeutic Recreation
* Basic understanding and competence of computer skills, including
Microsoft Excel & Word.
* Flexibility to workdays, evenings & weekends as required.
* Dementia/Alzheimer experience a plus Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay Ability to commute/relocate:
* Round Rock, TX 78665: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) Experience:
* Memory Care: 2 years (Required)
* Resident Engagement - Activities Life Enrichment: 2 years
(Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Spring Hills, LLC, Round Rock , Director of Activities / Resident Engagement, Luxury Memory Care, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!