RN / Manager / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse-Emergency Room Job
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. Davids
HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
With 171 beds, the hospitals comprehensive services include
advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St.
David's Round Rockthe first specialized cardiac facility in
Williamson Countywith the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the
county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency
department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma
Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's
Emergency Centers in Cedar Park and Leander. St. Davids Round Rock
Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and
robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the
hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction
for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group .
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Position Summary This position, under the supervision of the ED
Director, Manager, Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse, appropriately
coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient
care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing
assessment of the patient and family, development of a family
centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient
teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from
the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
Job Function Unit Operations: Maintains productivity by the
flexible and efficient organization of patient care assignments and
other duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving
to meet changing departmental and patient needs.
- Independently assesses and evaluates patient needs.
- Provides psychological and social support to the patient and
- Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of St.
Davids Healthcare Partnership through a positive interaction with
all visitors on the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working
- Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care
are noted and correctly transcribed.
- Fiscal Accountability: Demonstrates awareness of and a
commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Round Rock Medical
Center and the St. Davids Healthcare Partnership.
- Understands how team performance contributes to the overall
business success of the partnership.
- Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other
business goals with delivery of quality services.
- Considers sources in the performance of routine
- Patient Care: Responds to the developmental needs of the
patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient
growth and development and by providing individualized
patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and
- Keep physicians and the ED Director, Manager Supervisor and/or
Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient
and their family.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding
unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
- Provides patient care, which follows the Nursing Process and
adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
Keywords: HCA., Round Rock , RN / Manager / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse-Emergency Room Job, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!