Case Management Assistant
Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Case Management Assistant you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St.
David's South Austin Medical Center which is part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Case Management Assistant where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! Job
Summary and Qualifications As a Case Management Assistant (CMA),
you will work under the direction of the RN Case Manager or Social
Worker to assist with facilitating patient discharges requiring
post-acute placement or services, and will identify and report
barriers to discharges. You will provide administrative support in
Case Management functions.
- You will coordinate with RN Case Manager and Social Worker for
- You will communicate updates on progress throughout the day and
refer patient questions back to the Case Manager/Social
- You will provide clerical support in multidisciplinary rounds,
including updating NATE Tempo at direction of team.
- You will make referrals through web-based r5eferral system to
the specific post-acute care (PAC) providers requested.
- You will monitor patients with PAC referrals and intervene to
- You will prioritize workload to ensure a timely contact and
intervention with PAC providers.
- You will communicate with RN Case Managers/Social Workers
regarding the status of PAC referrals, bed availability, and other
barriers that cannot be resolved. Experience
- Medical knowledge and terminology
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care setting
- Associates Degree preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical
Technician (EMT) preferred St. Davids South Austin Medical Center,
which is part of St. Davids HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care
facility offering a range of complex specialties and
sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited
oncology program with the areas only adult Transplant and Cellular
Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma
center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs;
full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service
emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St.
Davids South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas
Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services
for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery,
surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and
urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to
combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage
lung cancer. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than
ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Case Management Assistant opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Round Rock , Case Management Assistant, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!