Academic Program Director, Full-time - Physical Therapy
Company: University of St. Augustine
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health
Sciences is the development of professional health care
practitioners through innovation, individualized, and quality
classroom, clinical, and distance education.As a member at the
University of St. Augustine, you help create energy and excitement
about the entry-level Doctor of Physical Therapy programs.
"Clinical Excellence" is our focus, and every day is an opportunity
for you to live the mission of developing professional health care
practitioners through innovative, individualized and quality
teaching methods. Together with the support of fellow faculty and
clinical partners, USAHS is dedicated to delivering excellence and
innovation in education for our students. Our organization is
committed to growth and fosters career development and
The Program Director is a full-time academic administrator who
reports to the Program Chair, and works closely with the School's
academic administrators, administrative staff, and both full-time
and part-time faculty. The Program Director will provide leadership
and management to the program in collaboration with Dean and
faculty. The Program Director assures delivery of the curriculum in
a manner that meets program goals, educational effectiveness,
consistency, and institutional expectations. This director works
closely with the Dean, Product Manager and other Program Directors
and/or faculty on revisions of program policies, admissions,
academic progress, and graduation competencies. The Director is
accountable for implementing the strategic plan initiatives
concerning the program, as the director serves as an important
conduit connecting the program with other University departments,
communicating information and contributing to the growth and
improvement of the institution. Additionally, the director
integrates with other departments and programs to resolve student
and faculty issues as they arise.-- The program director will be
instrumental in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to
develop the program (s) into a sustainable and scalable model
offering a competitive and quality curriculum. Additional knowledge
and expertise in business partnerships and industry networking will
be a benefit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership, vision, organization, processes and
infrastructure for a respective program, and in concert with the
University's strategic and quality improvement plan; develops and
implements department's strategic plan; identifies new
- Using the program's assessment plan, collects, analyzes, and
develops improvement plans based on program metrics such as student
learning outcomes, faculty workload and scholarly productivity,
student satisfaction, graduation rates, licensure passing rates,
employability, enrollments, etc. to assure program goals are being
met; reports on outcome data as needed to various University
- Builds a culture of innovation and select those strategies that
best achieve the mission of the program and its long-range
- Leads curriculum development and improvement efforts in concert
with other disciplines as needed.
Local Program Operations
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of effective
department operations including efficient workflow, achieving
student learning outcomes; ensuring appropriate faculty numbers;
assuring quality curriculum.--
- Works effectively with other departments across the University
to coordinate activities and promote change.
- Communicates effectively and fosters collaborative
relationships among all campus and programmatic constituencies
including students, faculty, and staff; advises students, assisting
with problem solving and complain resolution.
- Participates in student recruiting efforts.
- Ensures faculty support the attainment of department and
institutional outcomes as established in the Institutional
- Marketing and inquires; participate in marketing activities as
- Coordinate scholarly project research as the student begins
these endeavors, serve on committees as needed.
- Monitor and improve progression, completion and graduation
rates as needed.
- Support University efforts to maintain program approval and
- Supervise, recruit and hire faculty.
- Work with instructional design teams in the development and
- Interacts with other post-professional programs for an
interprofessional delivery of content.
- Participates in the teaching of the DPT program.
- Coordinates and further develops the Dissertation and Scholarly
Faculty and Support Staff Leadership and Development
- Demonstrates effective leadership and team building skills in
the selection, management and development of program faculty and
- Utilizes standards for effective job performance evaluates
- Mentors and develops employees to maximize individual
performance, builds future organizational leadership, and enhances
- Promotes a programmatic culture in alignment with the
University's core values that focuses on the academic success of
all departmental students and employees.
Scholarly and Professional Development
- Stays abreast of educational best practices, policy changes and
developments that may impact the program through attendance, and
developing professional relationships at professional conferences,
seminars and local, state and national organizations.
- Meets scholarly goals, as identified in annual performance
- Maintains visibility in respective professional
- Uses research and practice, theory and experience to foster
professional development and student learning.--
- Works closely with enrollment and admissions departments to
meet projected enrollment goals.--
- Based on strategic goals and quality improvement plans,
establishes resource needs.
- Utilizes expected financial management practices of the
University; creates a sound budget and expenses for area(s) of
- Manages program funds responsibly and equitably.
Core Management Responsibilities
- Leads participation in the accreditation process; assures full
compliance with federal, state and accrediting body standards and
- Maintains superior customer service to internal and external
- Fosters a success-oriented; optimizes the health of the
organization by building trust and accountability within the
program and University community.
- Develops, communicates, and upholds University policies and
- Attends and participates in meetings where
- Approves prerequisite course substitutions and transfer
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time, to include:--
- Work with instructional design team to lead course development
process, including hiring appropriate subject matter
- Collaborates with Clinical Education department to assure
quality clinical experiences for students Leads curriculum
development and improvement efforts in concert with other
disciplines as needed.
- Serve on identified committees and councils
- Complete scholarship, service and clinical work as identified
in professional development plan
- Participates in student recruiting efforts
- Works closely with enrollment and admission departments to meet
projected enrollment goals
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO:-- Associate Dean, Physical Therapy Program
POSITIONS SUPERVISED:-- DPT Core and Contributing faculty--
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate must possess a Doctorate degree in
Physical Therapy or a related field
- Experience teaching in the field of Physical Therapy--
- Demonstrated experience as a chairperson or program director of
an accredited program Physical Therapy preferred
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
- Current clinical certification as a Physical Therapist
- Must be licensure eligible in California, and other states as
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:--Position will require periodic travel to
other campuses and professional events.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Collaborates--- Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient--- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Instills Trust--- Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results--- Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation--- Creating new and better ways for the organization
to be successful.
- Customer Focus--- Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Engagement (People Managers Only)--- Creating a climate
where people are motivated to do their best to help the
organization achieve its objectives.
- People Leadership (People Managers Only)--- Leads by example
when it comes to finding and developing talent, with a focus on
talent acquisition strategies, setting performance targets that
raises standards and development of high potential talent.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.--
Hiring Ranges (Austin):
- Academic Program Director: $102,480 - $178,290
Keywords: University of St. Augustine, Round Rock , Academic Program Director, Full-time - Physical Therapy, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!