Clinical Nurse - RN
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Texas Oncology requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified
Texas Oncology is looking for 2 Clinic Registered Nurse's (RN's) to
join our team!This position will support the Round Rock location (
2410 Round Rock Ave #150, Round Rock, TX 78681). This is a
full-time Monday - Friday 8am-5pm position with no weekends, call,
or major holidays. Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology
provider in the country and has approximately 600+ providers in
220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders
pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in
making the best available cancer care accessible to all
communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the
critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still
the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology
and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based
cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More
victories." - in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must
recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care
and participates in companywide quality initiatives. Supports and
adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code
of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
The ideal candidate for the Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) will have
the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , Clinical Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!