Registered Nurse House Supervisor
Company: Heart Hospital of Austin
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionHeart Hospital of Austin is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse House Supervisor
position and spend more time at the bedside with the
patient.BenefitsAt Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure we
support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer
eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsYou contribute to our success let us contribute to yours!
Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or
C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to
deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Heart
Hospital of Austin!Job Summary and QualificationsJob SummaryAs a
House Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring and
coordinating intradepartmental and interdepartmental functioning of
the hospital. You will be responsible for the direction,
supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing performance
and activities related to the care and treatment of patients within
the hospital on a specific shift.
- You will serve as authority in the absence of other members of
the nursing management/administrative team.
- You will direct staff members appropriately and effectively in
- You will access personnel needs based on census, acuity, and
the special needs of each unit.
- You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and
- You will act as a Clinical Resource regarding complex patient
issues and assists staff in clinical decision making.
- You will manage admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- You will model, promote and hold staff accountable for
attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience that
differentiates the organization as a leader in healthcare.
- You will coordinate with management/administrative team to
ensure staff productivity and appropriate resource utilization to
achieve high quality patient care while meeting financial
performance goals and objectives.Job RequirementsExperience
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical practice, minimum of 3 years in
a management role, and a minimum of 1 year as a House
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Completion of or actively pursuing Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) - preferredLicenses and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
- BLS certification - per St. David's policy
- ACLS certification - per St. David's policyHeart Hospital of
Austin, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 58-bed
hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular
facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and
treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive
24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced Executive
Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three
hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three catheterization
labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is home to one of
the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the
world.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000
sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on
patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing ExecutiveJoin a family that
cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Registered Nurse House Supervisor opening. Apply
today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Heart Hospital of Austin, Round Rock , Registered Nurse House Supervisor, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!