Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN ENT Clinic
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a licensed
nurse who uses the BSWH nursing professional practice model to
deliver patient care as part of the health care team. Using the
nursing process and under appropriate supervision, the LVN Performs
focused assessments and participates in care planning interventions
and evaluations. The LVN documents and reports to the supervising
RN the assessment information and changes in patient condition, in
accordance with the Texas Nursing Practice Act (NPA).ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Clinical Judgment: Using clinical reasoning, conducts accurate
focused assessments according to practice standards and LVN Scope
of Practice. Reports data to assist RN in developing plan of care
and formulation of goals/outcomes for the patient and family
- Clinical Inquiry: Participates in evaluating the quality and
effectiveness of nursing practice, including, but not limited to,
nursing sensitive indicators.
- Caring Practices: Creates a compassionate, supportive, safe and
therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff.
Participates in management of both emotional and physical pain with
the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary
- Response to Diversity: Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates
a patient's and family's unique differences, such as culture,
spiritual beliefs, gender, race, ethnicity, lifestyle,
socioeconomic status, age, and values, into an individualized plan
- Advocacy and Moral Agency: Preserves and protects the
confidentiality, autonomy, dignity and rights of patient and
family. Identifies/reports and participates in resolving ethical
and clinical concerns.
- Facilitation of Learning: Facilitates learning for patients and
families, nursing staff, other members of the health care team and
community throughout the delivery of care.
- Collaboration: Under the direction of RN/provider, Works
collaboratively and interdependently with colleagues and community
to implement an integrated plan of care. Open and sensitive to all
team members unique contributions.
- Systems Thinking: Participates in Using strategies and
available resources for problem-solving for patients, family and
- Professionalism: Identifies personal goals and seeks
opportunities to pursue life-long learning through continuing
education, networking with professional colleagues, membership and
involvement in professional nursing organizations, self-study,
professional reading, certification and seeking advance degrees.KEY
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and
guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and
department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures
governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of
health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention
and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their
physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and
patient privacy rights.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients
and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff
members and physicians/providers.
- Ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care
to all patients through the nursing process and standards of
nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of
- General computer skills, including but not limited to:
Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll
systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.BENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level - -QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: -H.S.
Diploma/GED EquivalentMAJOR: -NursingEXPERIENCE: -Less than 1 Year
- License Pract/Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN ENT Clinic, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!