PRN Infusion Registered Nurse
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Overview: Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy
requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved
exemption before their start date. More information will be
provided to you throughout the interview process. Texas Oncology is
looking for a PRN Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team!
This position will support the Round Rock North, Georgetown and
Harker Heights locations on an as-needed basis . These clinics are
open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, closed weekends and holidays.
Texas Oncology is the largest community oncology provider in the
country and has approximately 600+ providers in 220+ sites across
Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered
community-based cancer care because they believed in making the
best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing
people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family
and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today-at Texas
Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver
high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our
patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More victories." - in their
fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all
Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis. Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
retailers. What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do? Under
minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse Sr. provides professional
nursing care for patients adhering to national and company
standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Demonstrates
knowledge of physiological, psychological, and developmental and
age specific differences in the patient population including late
adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. Collaborates
with the interdisciplinary team to provide for assessment and
therapeutic management of patient/family needs. Supports and
adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code
of Ethics and Business Standards. Responsibilities: The essential
duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and
supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are
obtained prior to administration of therapies where
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and
- Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
capture. Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Infusion
Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of RN experience preferably in oncology.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Infusion RN experience preferred.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Texas Oncology
is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , PRN Infusion Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!