Clinical RN - Gynecology
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy requires that all
new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved exemption before
their start date. More information will be provided to you
throughout the interview process.
Texas Oncology is looking for a Full-time Gynecologic Oncology
Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position will support
the South Austin location (4101 James Casey St., Suite 100 Austin,
TX 78745) . This is a full-time Monday-Friday 8am-5pm position with
no weekends, call, or major holidays. This position also offers a
one-time $2,500 sign-on bonus. Texas Oncology is the largest
community oncology provider in the country and has approximately
600+ providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern
Oklahoma. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care
because they believed in making the best available cancer care
accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at
home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our
mission is still the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use
leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality,
high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve
"More breakthroughs. More victories." in their fight against
cancer. Today, Texas Oncology treats half of all Texans diagnosed
with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan, a Wellness program that rewards you
practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks such
as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and
discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
What does the Gynecologic Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations.
Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and
developmental and age specific differences in the patient
population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and
the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to
provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family
needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program,
to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
The ideal candidate for the Gynecologic Oncology Registered Nurse
(RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 6 months of RN experience.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , Clinical RN - Gynecology, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!