ENDO Surgical Tech- 5K Sign On Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Surgical Technician 1 functions in the inter operative phase of
patient care to expedite surgical procedures, under the direction
and supervision of a Registered Nurse. This position assists the
surgical team through the use of equipment and instrumentation to
ensure that the operating room environment is safe and that
required equipment is available and functioning properly.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Anticipates the needs of the surgeon and surgical team staff.
Prepares instrument table in an organized and comprehensive manner;
discusses any special needs with the surgeon before surgery and
scrubs in adequate time for proper preparation of instruments
before the surgeon scrubs.
* Maintains instrument table in an organized manner to avoid damage
to instrumentation as well as incorrect needles or instrument
counts. Identifies damaged or incomplete trays, rectifies
discrepancy immediately, or contacts those who can help in order to
avoid delays or injury.
* Ensures proper orientation of electrical, mechanical and air
instruments before use in patient care settings. Counts sponges and
sharps concurrently with the circulating nurse to verify that count
* Chooses and passes instruments during procedure, carefully
selecting and opening only needed supplies.
* Disposes of instrumentation after surgical procedure to maintain
a clean and safe operating room. Prepares soiled instrumentation,
used sharps, recyclable items and fluids for proper
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Demonstrated evidence of surgical scrub experience prior to CST
regulation in September 2, 2009.
* Completion of formal training program or one year operating room
technician program preferred.
* Knowledge of infection prevention and regulatory sterilization
* Knowledge of the theory and application of sterile and aseptic
* Knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures and
implementation tools and technologies to assist surgical team with
invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
* Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills to interact with surgical and central sterile processing
* Occasional exposure to chemical or radiation hazards.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
* EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , ENDO Surgical Tech- 5K Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!