Med Lab Scientist 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Med Lab Scientist 1 performs and monitors a full range of
laboratory testing and analysis. Assumes responsibility for problem
resolution, quality control, and required equipment maintenance
with minimal supervision.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Performs laboratory tests in compliance with department
procedures and all pertinent regulatory requirements.
* Follows quality control, quality assurance, safety, and infection
* Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and
* Accurately reports test results.
* Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
* Maintains effective communication and working relationships with
all laboratory personnel, other disciplines, and external
* Participates in laboratory projects and educational
* Demonstrates and educates laboratory principles and technical
skills to others.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and
* Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
* Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
* Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
* Skill in the use of computers and related software
* Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the
* EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
* ASCP - Blood Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Chemistry Technologist
(ASCP-C), ASCP-Hematology Technologist (ASCP-H), ASCP-Microbiology
Technologist (ASCP-M), Molecular Biology Technologist (ASCP-MB),
ASCP-Medical Lab Tech (ASCP-MLT), ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist
(ASCP-SBB), ASCP-Chemistry Specialist (ASCP-SC), ASCP-Hematology
Specialist (ASCP-SH), ASCP-Microbiology Specialist (ASCP-SM), Cert
Histocompatibility Spec (CHS-ABHI), Cert Histocompatibility Techno
(CHT-ABHI), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS): Must have one of
the listed certifications.
* HEW (HEW), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical
Technologist (MT): .
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , Med Lab Scientist 1, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!