Registered Nurse - GYN Oncology
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Overview: Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy
requires that all new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved
exemption before their start date. More information will be
provided to you throughout the interview process. Texas Oncology is
looking for a Full-time Gynecologic Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our team! This position will support the South Austin
location (4101 James Casey St., Suite 100 Austin, TX 78745) . This
is a full-time Monday-Friday 8am-5pm position with no weekends,
call, or major holidays. This position also offers a one-time
$2,500 sign-on bonus. Texas Oncology is the largest community
oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+
providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our
founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they
believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all
communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the
critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still
the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology
and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based
cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More
victories." in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual basis.
Why work for us? Come join our team that is responsible for helping
lead Texas Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer
than any other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a
competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a
generous PTO program, a 401k plan, a Wellness program that rewards
you practicing a healthy lifestyle, and lots of other great perks
such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and
discounts on some of your favorite retailers. What does the
Gynecologic Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) do? Under minimal
supervision, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing
care for patients adhering to national and company standards and
guidelines for specialty regulations. Demonstrates knowledge of
physiological, psychological, and developmental and age specific
differences in the patient population including late adolescence,
adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. Collaborates with the
interdisciplinary team to provide for assessment and therapeutic
management of patient/family needs. Supports and adheres to the US
Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and
Business Standards. Responsibilities: The essential duties and
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses health status by interviewing patient regarding
current status and medical history.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Facilitates clinical operations and patient care
- Manages patient medication refill requests from the pharmacy
telephone line and records the information in the patient
- Facilitates and schedules consultations, pre-testing,
diagnostic tests or procedures, referrals and future appointments
- Triages patient phone calls as needed and documents relevant
information in the patient's chart.
- As necessary, facilitates communication between patient/family
and interdisciplinary team and coordinates services related to
- Assist patients in locating available community resources.
- Inter professional collaboration
- Acts as a resource to LPN/LVNs and medical assistants.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Gynecologic Oncology
Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 6 months of RN experience.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Texas Oncology
is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , Registered Nurse - GYN Oncology, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!