Radiologic Tech Clinic
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Radiologic Technologist Clinic, under general supervision of a
Radiologist, performs Diagnostic and/or Fluoroscopic Imaging
procedures on ambulatory patients in a Physician Office, or Clinic
Setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider. The
technologist must be able to effectively explain the procedure to
the patient and be sure they are comfortable and at ease during the
exam and provide care to the patients while obtaining diagnostic
quality images for interpretation by a Radiologist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Identifies patient service requirements by utilizing AIDET when
communicating with patients to ensure they perform the correct exam
on the correct patient, establishing personal rapport with
potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to
understand the service requirements.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning
patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into
specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing
radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices,
patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Documents pregnancy status of female patients of child bearing
age and the shielding precautions taken in the performance of the
- Ensures operation of Radiology equipment by performing quality
checks following manufacturer's recommendations and
trouble-shooting equipment as required, calling in repairs when
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Wears personal monitoring device on collar and outside of apron
consistently and submits it promptly and regularly for assessment
of occupational dosage. Reports any loss, damage, or unusual events
associated with personal monitoring device immediately to the
Radiation Safety Office.
- Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and Ensures
compliance with regulations.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- MAJOR - Radiologic Technology
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS in 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , Radiologic Tech Clinic, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!