Medical Assistant - Oakwood Women's Cenre
Company: Women's Health TEXAS
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionWomen's Health Texas: Devoted to women, committed
to excellence.Women's Health Texas (WHTX) is the largest single
specialty group in Central Texas and one of the fastest growing
obstetrics and gynecology groups in the state. When you become a
member of the WHTX family, you become part of the Care Connects Us
network of dedicated health professionals who truly support each
other and are committed to the well-being of the women who entrust
WHTX with their care. In the healthcare field in Texas there is no
better place to grow in your career, achieve your goals, and attain
a higher quality of life. Position: Medical AssistantEmployment
Type: Full-time. Monday- Thursday 8:00a- 5:00p, Friday 8:00a-
4:00pLocation: Oakwood Women's CentreBenefits: Competitive Pay
Rates, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term
disability, Life and Accidental insurance, 401K Plan, PTO,
Guaranteed Annual Pay Rate increases and Employee Discounts
throughout Austin and San Antonio!Medical Assistant Job Summary:
Responsible for assisting Physicians with patient care and a
variety of pre, intra, and post encounter activities. Meet and
exceed patient expectations and adhere to established practices
while assuring the best possible care for patients. We are looking
for a candidate who is an efficient multitasker, dependable,
adaptive and a self-motivator.Medical Assistant Job
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure rooms and assist with
walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for
- Assist Physician during examination and treatment of
- Manages the daily flow of patients through the office including
greeting patients, preparing patients for examination, screening
for information, and giving instruction on collection of samples
and tests if applicable.
- Perform and record patient medical history, vitals, symptoms
and/or conditions if applicable.
- Checks patient's height and weight if applicable.
- Administer screening tests as well as evaluating and recording
results if applicable.
- Screens patient calls to the physician; handles all calls that
do not require the physician's intervention, ensuring that phone
calls are returned in a timely manner if applicable.
- Ensures treatment areas are safe, organized, clean, have
well-functioning equipment, and supplies are adequate. Prepare
treatment room for next exam.
- Provides information / instructions to patients and their
families if applicable.
- Screen patient calls to the Physician; handles calls that do
not require physician intervention, ensuring phone calls are
returned in a timely matter.
- Assist in Physician/Patient scheduling if applicable.
- Triage unscheduled patients to the care center and implement
interventions if applicable.
- Send / receive patient medical records and information.
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral
- Review lab results and notifies Physician of abnormalities and
communicates recommended treatment to patient.
- Complete forms and requisitions as needed as well as mange
patient charts to ensure information is complete.
- Respond appropriately to emergency codes.
- Perform quality control and OSHA logs.
- Promote quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to all OSHA guidelines.
- Process all specimens to send to lab and complete
- Under provider orders, administer medications and
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills/Qualifications/Experience for Medical Assistants:
- High School diploma or GED is required, prefer some
- Women's Health Texas requires all employees to adhere to our
Covid Vaccine policy
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Requires 3 years of Medical Assisting or similar like position
- Requires knowledge in healthcare or medical specialty,
associated medical tasks, and information that is communicated to
patients and families.
- Requires knowledge in an EMR system.
- Requires previous OBGYN experience.
- Prefer CMA certificate.
- Excellent communications skills (written and
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care
procedures, regulations, medical material management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to handle high patient volume.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, twist,
and swoop. May be required to climb ladders.
- Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional
manor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring for patients and
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. is required.
Keywords: Women's Health TEXAS, Round Rock , Medical Assistant - Oakwood Women's Cenre, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!