PRN Infusion Nurse - RN
Company: Texas Oncology
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Texas Oncology's Covid 19 vaccine mandate policy requires that all
new hires be vaccinated or obtain an approved exemption before
their start date. More information will be provided to you
throughout the interview process.
Texas Oncology is looking for a PRN Infusion Registered Nurse (RN)
to join our team! This position will support the Round Rock North,
Georgetown and Harker Heights locations on an as-needed basis .
These clinics are open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, closed
weekends and holidays. Texas Oncology is the largest community
oncology provider in the country and has approximately 600+
providers in 220+ sites across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. Our
founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they
believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all
communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the
critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still
the same today-at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology
and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based
cancer care to help our patients achieve "More breakthroughs. More
victories." - in their fight against cancer. Today, Texas Oncology
treats half of all Texans diagnosed with cancer on an annual
Why work for us?
Come join our team that is responsible for helping lead Texas
Oncology in treating more patient diagnosed with cancer than any
other provider in Texas. We offer our employees a competitive
benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a generous
PTO program, a 401k plan that comes with a company match, a
Wellness program that rewards you practicing a healthy lifestyle,
and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an
Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite
What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under minimal supervision, the Registered Nurse Sr. provides
professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and
company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations.
Demonstrates knowledge of physiological, psychological, and
developmental and age specific differences in the patient
population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and
the elderly. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to
provide for assessment and therapeutic management of patient/family
needs. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program,
to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, coordinate, evaluate and promote the
continuity of care consistent with established standards and
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching and other
- Prepares and administers therapies under the direction and
supervision of a physician.
- Administers all medications/blood products using correct
medication/blood product, dosage/amount, route, time and
- Assures pre-authorization and appropriate consent forms are
obtained prior to administration of therapies where
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing
labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and
consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems and
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains
central lines catheter devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation of assigned patient care and
- Applies knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will
have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of RN experience preferably in oncology.
- Willing to consider an entry, mid, or senior level
- Infusion RN experience preferred.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Round Rock , PRN Infusion Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!