SLP, McLane Children's Pediatric Specialty Clinic - RR
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 24, 2022
** New location 425 University Blvd, 3rd Floor - Round Rock, McLane
Children's Specialty Pediatric Outpatient Clinic **ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLEAt Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's at
Round Rock, speech-language pathologists collaborate with other
pediatric surgical and medical specialties, such as
otolaryngology(ENT), and other services, such as audiology, to
treat the overall communication needs of children. Nonverbal
communications, such as reading and writing, are also
emphasized.Speech-language pathologists are skilled in treating
verbal communications disorders. They include issues that affect
voice pitch, tone, and syntax-all elements of successful speech
delivery, on an outpatient basis.
- PATIENT CARE: Evaluates, treats and monitors patient within the
speech pathology treatment plan. Modifies therapy program and
- ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES: Performs thorough and concise clinical
documentation in a timely manner. Enters charges accurately.
Understands reimbursement related to practice setting.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with patients and
families, departmental coworkers, and members of the medical care
team. Provides education to patients, family and staff.
- CLINICAL SUPERVISION: Supervises students and volunteers.
Clinical fellowship mentors and those in their clinical fellowship
period will follow the American Speech Language Hearing Association
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Advances clinical skills through
ongoing education, literature review and implementation of evidence
based practice. Shares knowledge to develop the clinical skills of
colleagues. Adheres to organizational, national, and state
- ORGANIZATIONAL FOCUS: Maintains awareness of system goals.
Aligns individual goals and work activities to support or impact
the system goals.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must have completed Clinical Fellowship Year.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relation skills to include
excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in assigned areas as specified for
- Exhibits strong interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills
with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of
excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians
- Possesses proficient computer knowledge; operates multiple
computer systems and standard Rehabilitation equipment.
- High attention to detail in fast paced and dynamic
- Ability to multitask effectively while maintaining a high level
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Masters'
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Speech Language Pathlogist (SLP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , SLP, McLane Children's Pediatric Specialty Clinic - RR, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!