Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator
Company: St. David's HealthCare
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At ST. David's Healthcare we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator and access programs
to assist with every stage of your career.SIGN ON BONUS AVALIABLE!!
- $5000BenefitsAt ST. David's Healthcare we want to ensure we
support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer
eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K -(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance -and -Reimbursements -for Tuition and
- Employee Discounts -including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, -Auto, and -Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term -& -Long Term Disability -coverage
- Adoption -Assistance
- Legal Benefits -and lots more!The HCA -Central & West Texas ONE
Call -Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics
for -17 -HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across the
state of Texas. Our mission is to assist in the clinical placement
and movement of critical patients both into and out of our
facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when
minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with
seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians,
hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate
the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke,
trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. As a Team Member:
- You will be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and
hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Division hospital.
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division
hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call
center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic
database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital
transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care
issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all
internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education
and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical
data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation,
communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining
communication with all parties including but not limited to
attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if
placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use
problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action,
which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all
hospital transfers and transports.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and
analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and
implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills
including telephone and personal contact with all of the call
center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs,
nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and
knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services
and special program EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program -
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 3 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or
House Supervisor experience -
- Compact License for the position
HCA Healthcare has been named one of
the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over
a decade. -In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA
Healthcare Co-FounderWe are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's HealthCare, Round Rock , Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!