Imaging Registered Nurse
Company: Heart Hospital of Austin
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Introduction Do you have the PRN career opportunities as an Imaging
Registered Nurse you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin which
is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,
Benefits Heart Hospital of Austin, offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as an Imaging Registered Nurse where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the indirect supervision of the Director of Imaging Services
and according to unit and hospital policies and procedures, the
registered nurse - radiology performs nursing functions for
patients in the radiology department.
- This professional staff person is responsible for performing
assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating
- The RN works closely with all other healthcare team members to
facilitate exceptional care and efficient completion of both
diagnostic and interventional studies while promoting optimal unit
- The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing
- The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating
the care delegated to non-licensed personnel.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works
collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and
accurate delivery of care.
- In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a
cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs.
- Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility
for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement,
and equipment maintenance.
- 1 - 3 Years Nursing Experience Required
- 2 years of Critical Care Experience Preferred Education
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) - required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred License and
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
- PALS certification required as per St. David's Healthcare
Heart Hospital of Austin , which is part of St. David s HealthCare,
is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing
cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in the
diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a
comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced
Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs),
including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three
catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is
home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world .
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Imaging Registered Nurse opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status
Keywords: Heart Hospital of Austin, Round Rock , Imaging Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!