Nurse Extern PRN Oncology at St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN
Oncology you want with your current employer? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David's North Austin Medical Center
which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Nurse Extern PRN Oncology where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Nurse Extern, you will deliver high quality, patient-centered
care by performing a variety of basic patient care services related
to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. You
will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse in
assisting with the implementation of nursing plans. In order to
qualify as a Nurse Extern, you will be currently enrolled and in
good standing in an accredited school of Nursing.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient
information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions
data, vital signs, blood glucose levels, input and output levels
and calorie counts
- You will give personal care including bathing, grooming,
feeding, changing, etc.
- You will document and report observations, interactions,
patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or
behavioral changes at time of occurrence
- You will assist with patient mobility by regular turning,
positioning and ambulating patients
- You will provide or assist with non-medicated support care,
collection of specimens for diagnostic testing, and preparation of
patient for surgery or other procedure
- You will assist with transfers of patients to and from other
units/departments and with discharges
- Volunteer or experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Age specific knowledge of patient population in the specific
- Currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited
school of Nursing
- Successful completion of the basic fundamental nursing courses
and the ability to perform the fundamental skills learned in the
1st semester of nursing school
- Must have signed nursing school initial skills checklist and
verification of appropriate competencies.
- Must complete nursing school within 2 years of hire or will
lose eligibility to remain in the Nurse Extern status
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American
Heart Association or American Red Cross - required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
St. Davids North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty
hospital in Texas with more than 360 beds. The facility is home to
St. Davids Childrens Hospital, St. Davids Womens Center of Texas
featu... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Nurse Extern PRN Oncology at St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!