Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 14, 2022
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is committed to investing in
the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are
you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your
application for Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
position and spend more time at the bedside with the
patient.BenefitsAt St. David's Round Rock Medical Center we want to
ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse.
We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsYou contribute to our success let us contribute to yours!
Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or
C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to
deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St.
David's Round Rock Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsOur
Registered Nurses raise the bar by providing clinical expertise and
the highest quality care in the most compassionate way.
Perioperative RNs assess, plan and implement the nursing care plan
for the patient throughout the preoperative, intraoperative, and
postoperative periods. These activities include patient assessment,
monitoring the surgical field, patient education, monitoring the
patient's condition, and integrating and coordinating patient care
throughout the surgical care continuum. We are an amazing team,
that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal
addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
before, during and after the procedure to optimize outcomes and
maximize available resources.
- You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
- You will monitor patient vital signs, sedation levels and
physical / emotional well-being.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed
nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance
with established policies.
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient education and
emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and
circumstance.During surgery, the perioperative nurse may assume any
of the following responsibilities:
- Scrub nurse - assists the surgeon within the sterile field by
passing instruments, sponges, and other items needed during the
- Circulating nurse - works outside the sterile field observing
the surgical team from a broad perspective and assists anywhere
- RN First Assistant - directly assist the surgeon by controlling
bleeding and by providing wound exposure and suturing during the
actual procedure (role requires additional education and training
to deliver direct surgical care).Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- At least 2 years of nursing experience in the Operating room
with Cardiac and Vascular proceduresLicenses and Certifications:
- Current Texas RN license or a Compact RN license from a NCLA
Compact State required. If Compact, a Texas license must be
obtained within 90 days of hire date.
- Current BCLS certification required
- Certification by SGNA preferred St. David's Round Rock Medical
Center is a 150+ bed acute-care facility located north of Austin,
Texas. This comprehensive medical center features the only hybrid
operating room in the county, a 24-hour emergency department with a
Level II trauma center, and leading-edge cardiac care through the
Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock. Patients may
also receive care related to rehabilitation services, women's
services, cancer care, neurology, joint replacement and orthotics,
and more when visiting this facility.
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David's
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000
sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on
patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing ExecutiveJoin a family that
cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse
opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team
will reach out.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Round Rock , Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!