Nurse Practitioner - PPV - Adult Medicine
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Nurse Practitioner - PPVAs a Compassus nurse, you have the
autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are invited into
patients' homes and lives during trying times and have the honor to
become a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more
than a career- it's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today as a Nurse Practitioner to positively impact the
experiences of patients and families.
The Nurse Practitioner, if providing hospice care, functions as an
extension of the IDT and hospice physician to provide routine
recertification and emergency assessments, educational, and
evaluative services to meet the needs of patients and their
families. S/he helps the patient and family maintain their maximum
level of comfort and coping. S/he flexes schedule to meet agency
visit needs and may be asked to provide after-hours emergency
visits and/ or admissions. S/he is responsible for applying the
rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and
other certified agencies.
The Nurse Practitioner, if providing palliative care, provides
palliative care for patients facing chronic, complex, and /or
life-threatening conditions at various locations within the flow of
patient care. S/he provides assessments, educational, and
evaluative services to meet the needs to palliative care patients
and their families. The Nurse Practitioner helps the patient and
family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping. S/he
serves as clinical and educational role model and mentor; provides
care and support in collaboration with the primary care team; and
ensures compliance with practice standards and codes. S/he must
flex schedule to meet agency needs. S/he is responsible for
applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory
agencies and other certified agencies.
* Performs routine and emergency assessments:
* Completes routine and emergency recertification visits on each
patient entering their 3rd benefit period or beyond (including
admissions and transfers)
* Completes routine and emergency assessments on each patient as
indicated by departmental policy.
* Records observations, treatments, and other pertinent
* Communicates with Medical Director, Attending Physician, DCS and
IDT as directed regarding findings from the visits and any measures
to alleviate symptoms.
* Provides physical and emotional care to support the patient and
family in period of crisis.
* Prevents unwarranted hospitalizations by meeting patient and
family needs in the home.
* Collaborates/Communicates with Medical Director, Attending
Physician, DCS, IDT, and Hospital Staff (Palliative Care)
* Educates patient and caregiver regarding
In our programs that serve palliative care, the additional
following outpatient responsibilities are needed:
* Performs routine and emergency assessments.
* Performs bedside palliative care patient/family evaluation.
* Orders, performs, and interprets laboratory and radiology tests
within scope of professional practice.
* Prescribes medications including controlled substances to the
extent delegated and licensed.
* Orders treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated.
* Performs other therapeutic or corrective measures as
* Consults with palliative care physician or designees as needed,
informs primary physician of services provided and collaborate with
other physicians as needed.
* Assists in all facets of care coordination for palliative care
* Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts, and
documents to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for
* Complies with applicable laws and regulations with respect to
* Initiates reimbursement for services rendered, provides training
and continuing education for staff.
* Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines/standards
in support of quality palliative care.
* Advocates for improvements in palliative care through
participation in professional, private, and governmental
* Defines goals for professional growth and participates actively
in professional activities and organizations.
* Engages in active and frequent self-care activities for personal
and professional growth and longevity.
* Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients,
families, staff and the Organization.
* Assists patients and families in identification of goals of
treatment and ongoing plans of care. Communicates these goals among
Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* Supervision of nursing trainees, including graduate and advance
practice nurses in field placements.
* Participation in supervision of other trainees, including medical
students, residents, fellows, and social work and psychology
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
NP providing Hospice Care
Nurse Practitioner with a current nurse practitioner license in
state of employment. Minimum of one year nursing practice or
equivalent experience required. Hospice, oncology, or home health
and/or long-term care preferred.
NP providing Palliative Care
Master's degree in Nursing. Minimum of five years nursing
experience; clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, geriatrics,
intensive care preferred. Licensed to practice in the state of
employment. Certified or eligible as a Clinical Nurse Specialist or
* All States except Iowa: Current collaborative physician agreement
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
NP providing Hospice Care
Nurse Practitioner license in state of employment.
NP providing Palliative Care
CNS or Nurse Practitioner license in the state of employment. Board
certification in hospice and palliative care is expected within 18
months of hire.
Keywords: Compassus, Round Rock , Nurse Practitioner - PPV - Adult Medicine, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!