Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Newborn Nursery, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for assigned patients. You will work alongside Labor and Delivery nurses, Obstetricians, and Pediatric/Neonatology staff to develop an individualized patient care plan that follows hospital policies and procedures.
* You will complete an admission assessment, including discharge planning, that is accurately documented within 2 hours of patient admission
* You will initiate critical pathway during admission to plan nursing care, and will review and update pathway as evidenced by appropriate interventions and nursing care documentation
* You will identify changes in patient condition and report these changes to the appropriate unit personnel
* You will document resolutions of identified patient problems and communicate unresolved problems to appropriate unit personnel
* You will accurately administer and document medications
* You will evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will evaluate the effectiveness of patient teaching and revise the teach plan as needed
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience as a staff nurse in an acute care setting preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. Davids Healthcare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the regions largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned and . The full provided at St. Davids Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging serv... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Newborn Nursery Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
here to apply!