Acute Inpatient Registered Nurse Market Float Pool at St. David's HealthCare
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 25, 2023
St. David's HealthCare is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for the Acute Inpatient Registered Nurse Market Float Pool position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
This is a night shift position with typical hours from 7 pm to 7 am.
St. David's HealthCare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career, and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include the following:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management, or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's HealthCare!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intermediate Care (IMC) Unit, working in the Austin Market Float Pool, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring, and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
Austin Market Float Pool (AMFP) employees are required to float to all St. Davids HealthCare System Facilities. AMFP nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies and can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment, and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Nurse Leader and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* 2 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 2 years experience in an acute care setting
* 2 years experience in an adult intensive care unit (ICU) or adult intermediate care unit (IMC) preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Co... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Acute Inpatient Registered Nurse Market Float Pool at St. David's HealthCare, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
here to apply!