Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse PRN at St. David's Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse PRN and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse PRN opening and continue to learn!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patients needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
* Minimum of 5 years experience in related area as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Course Required within 1 year of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the regions largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned and to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse PRN at St. David's Medical Center, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
here to apply!