Blood Cancer Unit Clinical Nurse Coordinator at St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Inpatient Blood Cancer Unit Nurse Supervisor to join our healthcare family.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Inpatient Blood Cancer Unit Nurse Supervisor opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Transplant and Cellular Therapy (TCT) unit at St. Davids South Austin Medical Center treats adults facing blood cancer and hematologic disorders in the Central Texas region. Our 24 bed inpatient unit provides stem cell transplants, Car T cell therapy and clinical trials, with a focus on providing exceptional care and cutting edge treatments close to home. In partnership with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, we are proud to be the only FACT accredited facility in Austin, Texas.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) on the TCT unit you will be responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic and oncologic disorders, patients experiencing oncological emergencies, and others meeting admission criteria. Common diagnoses seen include acute leukemia, non hodgkins lymphoma and multiple myeloma. You will be responsible for a maximum of 4 patients in this acute care setting.
* The only facility in Austin offering a Very Immunocompromised Program (VIP), which promptly identifies and treats immunocompromised oncology patients arriving in the ER
* Inpatient team that works closely with our Outpatient Cancer Care Clinic
* Specialized educator support for new hires with continued education through the program
* Comprehensive interdisciplinary team, including designated physicians, APPs, social workers, dieticians, chaplains, nurse coordinators, and rehabilitation therapists
* Annual participation in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Societys Light the Night Fundraiser
* St. Davids HealthCare is the Official Healthcare Partner of Austin FC, Austins first major league team.
In this role you will be asked to provide the following services:
* Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management
* Transfusion of blood products
* Evidence based care of patients with central venous access devices
* Administration of autologous transplants, allogeneic transplants, and cellular therapies at the bedside under physician supervision
* Management of toxicities related to oncological treatments
* Investigational protocol administration and monitoring
* Drain and post-op management
* Telemetry monitoring
* Strong participation within the interdisciplinary team
to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Round Rock , Blood Cancer Unit Clinical Nurse Coordinator at St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
here to apply!