Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Five Star Quality Care, Inc
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Registered NurseKey Responsibilities
Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the
supervision of a registered nurse, for patients/clients of all ages
in their place of residence. Participates in the coordination of
care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/client, family and
What You'll Do
* Under the direction of the RN, assists in identifying the
patient's/client's physical, psycho social, and environmental needs
as evidenced by documentation.
* Participates in planning and implementing care in partnership
with the patient/client, representative (if any) and caregiver(s)
and with the RN. Provides services that are ordered by the
physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Provides patient/client and caregiver education.
* Provides care using infection control measures that protect both
staff and patient/client.
* Assures the continuity of care through delivery of quality
* Provides effective communication to the patient/client, family,
team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by
clinical notes, case conferences, and communication notes.
Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of
third party payer.
* Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
* Promotes Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure
quality of care.
* Observe and report on residents' health, escalating any problems
efficiently and effectively
* Detail daily reports to Nurse, or designated charge person, at
end of shift
* Provide emotional support and serve as a source of comfort for
residents and their loved ones
* Recognize abnormal changes in body functioning and report to a
What You'll Bring
Experience & Education
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a hospital or clinical setting
* Associates degree or higher, focused on advancement into medical
services, or similar, preferred
* CPR/First Aid Certification desired (unless required by the
* Valid, unrestricted LPN certification or State/Local equivalent
* Working experience alone, on a team, and on projects start to
* Strong emotional intelligence and listening skills
* Dedication to the medical field, especially towards working with
Five Star Senior Living offers convenient home health care for our
Keywords: Five Star Quality Care, Inc, Round Rock , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!