Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator
Company: HEART HOSPITAL OF AUSTIN
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Introduction Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real
impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving
over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St.
David's Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As a(an) Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator you can be a part of
change. Benefits St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to Full time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA
Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding
it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to
advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for
your patients as a (an) Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator. We
want your knowledge and expertise! Job Summary and Qualifications
Trauma Nurse Coordinator responsibilities will include conducting
Performance Improvement activities, trauma patient chart review,
and participating in nursing education. Educational/training
presentations for all nursing staff related to trauma care and
outreach activities interacting with other healthcare entities,
pre-hospital care providers and presenting/participating in injury
prevention programs to interested organizations and the general
public. In addition, ability to abstract information from
identified trauma patient medical records as needed. The
information is then entered into the facility trauma registry and
submitted to state and national trauma data bases. The Trauma
Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the integrity
and confidentiality of the registry, verification and updating of
information compiled and preparing reports as requested.
- Ensures completion of Performance Improvement activities.
- Facilitates involvement of staff in Performance Improvement
- Maintains Texas Department of Health (TDH) Designation
Standards for a Level IV Trauma Facility.
- Interprets hospital and personnel policies to physicians,
nursing staff, patients, visitors and other healthcare
- Ensures attendance of personnel at required educational
- Assist with employee counseling when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies.
- Attends quarterly CATRAC meetings.
- Ensures compliance with nursing standards of care.Education
- Required: Bachelor of Science in NursingLicenses and
- RN is required to obtain a Texas RN license within 90 days of
their hire date.
- BLS/BCLS required within 24 months of hire per St. David's
- ALS/ACLS required within 24 months of hire per St. David's
- Current certification as a TNCC Provider or completed within
one year of hire.
- Current certification as a Provider in either PALS or ENPC or
within 6 months of hire required per St. David's HealthCare
- Required: Requires a minimum of three years of experience in ED
- Preferred: Previous experience as Trauma Nurse Coordinator
- Documented experience demonstrating leadership, communication,
and interpersonal skills St. David----- s Medical Center is a
full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+
bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the
region----- s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the
internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St.
David----- s Neuroscience & Spine Institute . The full scope of
services provided at St. David----- s Medical Center includes
cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint
replacement and orthopedics, women----- s services, complex
surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center . The facility is
home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient
and outpatient comprehensive care. St. David----- s Medical Center
is part of St. David----- s HealthCare, which is one of the largest
healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the
Austin area. St. David----- s HealthCare was formed through a
unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits
----- St. David----- s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World----- s Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it." - Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an
organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our
industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for
our Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator opening. Submit your
application today and help advance the practice of nursing. We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HEART HOSPITAL OF AUSTIN, Round Rock , Registered Nurse Trauma Coordinator, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!