Registered Nurse, Dialysis
Company: ST. David's Healthcare
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 13, 2023
Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent
care patients deserve? At St. David's HealthCare we support our
colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Registered
Nurse Dialysis and access programs to assist with every stage of
your career. Benefits St. David's HealthCare, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to Full time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Are you a continuous learner? With more than
94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest
employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to
excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which
joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as
educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it
easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills.
Apply today for our Registered Nurse Dialysis opening and continue
to learn! Job Summary and Qualifications As a Dialysis Registered
Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient
assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and
evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team,
you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the
safe and accurate delivery of care.
- Assesses patient condition during admission and during each
shift as scheduled and/or as needed, identifying and reporting any
changes in patient status.
- Assesses patient environment for any safety risks and/or
non-compliance with regulatory standards.
- Assesses patient pain regularly to promote effective pain
management, including reassessments after appropriate
- Assesses patient condition for signs and symptoms of abuse or
neglect. Reports any indications of abuse or neglect to medical
provider(s), nurse leader, and/or appropriate agency.
- Performs procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered
by the medical provider(s). Documents the administration of care in
the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Performs the administration of prescribed medications. Monitors
patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes
as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Performs exceptional care by responding promptly to patient
requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them
- Teaches patients/families/caregivers about patient medical
condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible
side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical
terminology to ensure complete understanding.
- Teaches patients/families/caregivers about any non-medicinal
follow-up measures, such as healthy diet and exercise, disease
prevention, and/or other lifestyle changes. Prepares patients and
families/caregivers for future self-management.
- Manages a care team, providing oversight and delegation to
members as appropriate.
- Manages evidence-based practices and continuous process
improvement initiatives to meet and exceed quality measures and
enhance the exceptional care provided to patients.
- Manages the quality of care by collaborating with a
multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and
deliver a holistic patient treatment plan that promotes and
- Manages the continuation of care by serving as the interface
between healthcare providers and community support systems who
coordinate ongoing care needs for specialized patient
- 1 Year RN experience required Education
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program with an Associate's
degree in nursing or clinical field- Required.
- Bachelors' Degree Preferred
- License and Certifications
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
policy St. David's HealthCare , which is one of the largest
healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the
Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique
partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St.
David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. HCA Healthcare
has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies -
by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years,
HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people." - Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued
learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our
Registered Nurse Dialysis opening. Our team will promptly review
your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: ST. David's Healthcare, Round Rock , Registered Nurse, Dialysis, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!