Retail Team Lead - Terra Vista
Company: Goodwill Central Texas
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a
private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a
multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job
growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas.
Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them
fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and
contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in
collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful
assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of
education, job training, and business services in alignment with
the core mission of generating lifelong connections to
work.POSITION SUMMARY:Assists management in the operation of the
Goodwill retail store; this includes customer service,
recordkeeping, cash management, facility operation, communications,
merchandising, and inventory control.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assist the store manager with the overall operation of the
- Ensure compliance with all GCT policies, including, but not
limited to, reporting theft or misuse of company property or other
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production, and closing operations including work on weekends and
- Resolve customer complaints in fair and impartial matter,
referring all unsettled disputes to the store manager.
- Supervise and train retail sales associates.
- Assist in performing daily administrative/clerical functions of
store operations and cash transactions.
- Monitor sales transactions associated with purchases and ensure
proper sales procedures are followed by associates.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITY:Responsible for supervising and training all or some
of the following positions: Donation Attendant, Merchandise
Processor, Sales Associate.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in
- Ability to perform simple math computations, including
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate
between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours
per 8-hour shift).
- Previous cashier experience.
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule set by supervisor.Benefits!
- Health insurance Coverage as low as $12.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- FREE Career Training
- FREE Employee Assistance Program
- FREE access to a Career Coach
- FREE opportunities to attend classes at our Technical AcademyWe
look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of our
Goodwill Team!All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color,sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age,marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status.Powered by
Keywords: Goodwill Central Texas, Round Rock , Retail Team Lead - Terra Vista, Hospitality & Tourism , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!