Athletic Trainer PRN
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 13, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Athletic Trainer PRN provides on-site healthcare
services to the communities served by sports medicine programs.
This position is responsible for the prevention, evaluation,
treatment, rehabilitation and return to athletic activity from
injury and illness.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Practices prevention, recognition, assessment, management,
treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses
under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Maintains accurate documentation when practicing forms of
healthcare within the scope of the athletic training license.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, patient care givers and
other appropriate parties to maintain effective communication and
coordinate any restrictions or accommodations.
- Assists with the sports medicine program to ensure effective
and efficient operations.
- Helps market the sports medicine program, including the
provision of information and education to patients and the
community, to promote services to internal and external
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies, equipment and
marketing goods and requests through proposals, orders and
replenishes inventory supplies.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner any information that
may influence the patient's treatment program or well being,
including preparing clinical progress notes and other required
documentation in accordance with established policies.
- Facilitates appointments for athletes and families to access
healthcare services.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must fulfill license and certification renewals to maintain
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Good critical thinking and independent decision making.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levels.
- Ability to promote services and programs.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training/Related Field and NATABOC
Certification preferred.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package
includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience-
- Licensed Athletic Trainer (ATHLTRNR): Athletic Trainer License
(LAT) by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain
valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Round Rock , Athletic Trainer PRN, Human Resources , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!