AVP Tech, Software Developer
Company: LPL Financial
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you
interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work
with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a
team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so,
LPL Financial is the place for you!LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was
founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor,
and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the
markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors,
800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA
firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the
advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access
to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL,
independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to
choose the business model, services, and technology resources that
allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom
to manage their client relationships, because they know their
clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can
take care of their clients.Job Overview:Our company is seeking a
skilled AVP, Full Stack Developer to help with the development of
many projects that span different technologies and requirements.
You will be working with a motivated team in a fast paced
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a dedicated team of onshore and
offshore developers to architect, build, deploy and support
best-in-class software solutions for internal and external
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan and slice
projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Leverage technical expertise and latest tech stack to implement
software development best practices. Implement Application
resiliency, scalability and performance design.
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to build
product vision and deliver business values.
- Work actively with quality assurance engineer teams, Release
Management, DevOps to ensure all SDLC processes are adhered
- Manage day-to-day activities of POD using Agile/Scrum
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components
and workflows.What are we looking for?We want strong collaborators
who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for
people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused,
team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages
creativity and continuous improvement.Requirements:
- 8+ years of development experience with extensive design and
implementation of complex systems in Web, .Net stack and web
- Experience with SOA principles and design patterns.
- Experience with front-end technologies/languages such as
- Hands on experience in SQL server procedures, views, indexes
and performance tuning.
- Experience with Source Control such as GIT or TFS. CI/CD
experience with TeamCity/Octopus.Core Competencies:
- MS Visual Studio, Microsoft TFS, Visio, Postman, SoapUI, SQL
Server Query execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Risk management, contingency planning.
- Innovative, self-driven and quick learner abreast of latest
- Experience writing unit tests using any of these technologies
VS Tests, NUnit, JUnit,MUnit, Jasmin/Karma is a plus.
- Hands on experience implementing self-service portals.
- Experience developing customer service applications.
- Should have a good sense for Code Architecture and Design
- Knowledge of estimation, tools and principles.
- Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in
AWS or other cloud environment.Why LPL? At LPL, we believe that
objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As
the nations leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an
integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and
investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment
that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that
is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a
career that has no limits, only amazing potential.We are one team
on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care
of their clients.Because our company is not too big and not too
small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are
committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the
different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees. We also
care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the
same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best
work.Want to hear from our employees on what its like to work at
LPL? Watch this!We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more
hereWant to see info on our benefits? Learn more hereJoin the LPL
team and help us make a difference by turning lifes aspirations
into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to
apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.Information on
Interviews:LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly
from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an
interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL
will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or
information regarding an applicants bank or credit card. Should you
have any questions regarding the application process, please
contact LPLs Human Resources Solutions Center at (800)
Keywords: LPL Financial, Round Rock , AVP Tech, Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!