We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room Surgical Services
Ascension Seton Williamson - Round Rock, TX
Full Time Rotating 36 hours
0630-1500 Monday - Friday, may be asked to rotate to cover off
shift PTO requests (nights, weekends) 2-3 times per year. will
participate in monthly call rotation. Because of trauma designation
associate must be able to respond to department within 30 minutes
of call activation.
Prefer BSN and CNOR. Prefer 2+ years perioperative experience
and experience in a Level II trauma facility.
Now Offering OR RN Sign-On Bonuses at Ascension Seton
- Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
Here is why you want to work at Ascension Seton Williamson:
What You Will Do
Deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to
patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of
instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Participate in pre-operative assessment of the patient.
- Provide closure of the subcutaneous and skin without the
surgeon's assistance as requested. Placs and suture drains as
directed. Document experience needed to maintain competency.
- Identify patient/family learning needs and implement
appropriate measures when assisting responsibilities permit.
Promote patients/staff relationships and affect conflict
resolution. Participate in development of scheduling system to
assure absence of conflict. Assist with staff
- Participate in product evaluation, cost containment and
ordering of supplies, organization and proper processing of
supplies, instruments and equipment. Contribute to and participate
in quality improvement and other appropriate committee
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and
affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information