Medical Assistant (Experienced)
Company: Urology Austin
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Urology Austin, our mission is committed to
improving the lives of patients and their families through
compassionate, quality, and ethical care.
In choosing a career with Urology Austin, you
are choosing to improve the lives of patients and their families
through a collaborative team-driven approach in an innovative,
quality-driven, community-based setting. Better Medicine. Better
The purpose of this position is to, under direct supervision,
maintain efficient patient flow, assist with patient care and
performs tasks assigned by physicians and nurses.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Escorts patients to the exam room or treatment room as
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including
but not limited to, vital signs, allergies, and medication
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by
- Assures appropriate consent has been obtained prior to
treatment or procedures.
- Conducts patient assessments and obtains pertinent medical
information for referral to the physician and/or nurse.
- Directs patients from the exam room to the next appropriate
station, i.e., treatment room or appointment desk.
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms, orders such supplies as needed
and maintains/controls drug samples.
- Assists physicians/nurses with exams and procedures as
- Performs lab procedures and processing of lab specimens as
needed. Files all labs and outside reports accurately and as
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in
accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary
- Triages incoming patient telephone calls for referral to nurse
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as
required or directed by physicians and/or nurses.
- Practice Standard Precautions, including hand washing and
disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays,
- Maintains a clean work environment and restocks the supply area
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for
medical assistants preferred or LVN equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience as a medical assistant or
nursing assistant or LVN in a hospital or clinic setting
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Licensed Vocational
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills
Urology Austin offers a competitive benefits
package to eligible employees. Below are some of the benefits you
may receive as an employee at Urology Austin.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays, No Weekends
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Urology Austin, Round Rock , Medical Assistant (Experienced), Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!