(RN) Registered Nurse-Full-Time
Austin , TX
Award-winning Best of Austin Home Health Agency seeking
RN Case Manager (Full-Time) North Austin
($3000 Sign-On Bonus)
Are you a stellar nurse that does not mind pulling up your
sleeves right along next to a Caregiver? Do have a passion for
treating patients of all ages? Do your patients and their families
light up when you walk in the room to see them?
BrightStar Care® is one of Austin's most reputable,
award-winning, dual licensed home healthcare agencies. BrightStar
Care® is the only home health company in the United States to win
the Joint Commission’s Enterprise for Quality award 8 years in a
row! You may have seen us on the hit television show "Undercover
Boss" or even noticed that we were awarded #1st Place in Austin
American-Statesman’s 2018 Best of the Best for Home Health Care
Agencies & Runner up in 2019. Come find out why so many of our
patients, employees, vendors, physicians, families, and partners
nominated BrightStar Care® for this most honorable award!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fun professional to join us
full time as our newest Nurse Case Manager. RN's are invited to
The Skilled RN Case Manager reports to the Director of Nursing.
The RN Case Manager is responsible for providing home health
clinical services. The Director of Nursing will assign patients.
The Skilled RN Case Manager must be available to see patients a
minimum of 40 hours per week. The Skilled RN Case Manager is
responsible for quality adequacy of services and may, where
required, supervise field staff. The Skilled Case Manager is
responsible for ensuring that care is delivered appropriately and
that the standards of care are adhered to.
The Skilled RN Case Manager is responsible for working with
other medical disciplines (i.e. PT, OT, ST, etc.) to ensure
coordinated services and that all of the patient’s needs are
identified through the assessment process, addressed through the
implementation of the Plan of Care, reevaluation and supervisory
·****Use of company car solely for business purposes
with all expenses paid
**** $3000 Sign-On Bonus (terms apply)
· Additional income potential for visit units above quota
· Heath Insurance: $350 towards health plan
· Dental and Vision insurance available
· $50,000 employer paid life insurance policy. Additional
· Weekly pay with direct deposit
· Paid time off
· Access to continuing education and training
The Skilled RN Nurse Case Manager must consistently demonstrate
and foster the following core values behaviors during all
interactions with shareholders, clients, patients, families,
employees, vendors, and other business partners. Core values are
the key behaviors that determine our decision-making at BrightStar
· Exude Positive Energy
· Serve with Passion
· Be Open, Honest, and Accountable
· Do What You Say
· Go Above and Beyond
The Skilled RN Case Manager must demonstrate and execute the
following position-specific competencies to ensure effective,
profitable, and patient-centered branch operations.
1. Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s
nurse practice act.
2. Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the client’s nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions.
4. Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized
5. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
6. Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of
7. Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
client’s condition and needs.
8. Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related
9. Supervises, educates, and coaches other nursing
10. Participates in performance improvement activities.
11. Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and
home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization
12. Promotes home health referrals in the health care
· High School Diploma required
· current RN license and in good standing with Texas Board of
· CPR Certification
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Field Nurse Case Manager
and/or managing customer service within a healthcare office
setting; knowledge of HIPAA and healthcare office regulations.
· Excellent organization, planning, and project management
· Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray or willing to obtain
· Valid driver’s license: valid state required proof of auto
· Transportation to meet the needs of position and scope of job
Up to 90% as travel will be required to private homes based on
the needs of patients and clients.
Office Environment: high-paced office/branch environment;
continuous phone use/ringing; talking; various noise levels;
interactions with employees and clients; sitting and standing for
long periods of time; bending and stooping required; lifting up to
10 lbs. regularly and up to 50+ lbs. may be required; using a
computer for extended periods: typing, staring at a bright monitor
or TV screen; using fingers, wrists, and arms; stress on back may
occur; possible exposure to prescription drugs, bodily fluids,
small appliances for cooking, cooling, and heating foods or
securely storing medications.
Patient or Client Environment: Unknown environments; bodily
fluids, household and human germs; extreme cold or hot temperatures
in or outside; light to heavy traffic; inclement weather; human
body weights that vary based on client health and lifting as
prescribed or needed per plan of care; 50+ lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability
or any other federal, state or local protected class
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Provide all PPE equipment for our
employees & clients. Also COVID-19 testing on site if needed.