Engineering Manager - BEOL
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Excellent direct hire opportunity in Round Rock, TX in the
To lead a high performing team of 8-12 manufacturing process
engineers and technicians working on meaningful projects that push
the business forward driving high quality, cost effective processes
that meet our customers' photomask needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new
and existing products.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to meet safety,
quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Translate site goals to specific engineering objectives.
- Define and specify the implementation of standards, methods,
and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the
precision, accuracy, and reliability of the company's large product
- Participate in engineering design reviews to improve our
quality assurance requirements and considerations.
- Oversee the testing, troubleshooting, and evaluation of systems
- Collaborate with our partners in customer service,
manufacturing, equipment maintenance, sales, etc. to exceed our
- Assure that work is safely performed (safe for people, product,
- Coach and mentor engineering team to enable high level results
and build future leaders.
- Support continuous operation of a 24/7 manufacturing
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be
- Degree in Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience
may substitute for degree. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of four years leading an engineering team within the
Semiconductor / Electronics Industry. Photomask Industry experience
is strongly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of robust process development and
integration in semiconductor and/or mask making technology,
SPC/data management, clean room operations, cost reduction, and ISO
- Track record of delivering meaningful business results.
- Senior level technical guidance in process optimization
- Proficient in structured problem-solving tools (e.g. QI Story,
A3, 8D, etc.)
- Strong understanding of quality tools (e.g. Process Flow
Diagram, Control Plan, FMEA, SPC, and DOE)
- Solid technical and interpersonal communication (oral and
- Business planning and analysis
- Customer service orientation
- PC Skills / MS Office/ Statistical analysis software (e.g.
- Eligible to work in a facility that supports Trusted government
- Advanced engineering science statistics / Statistical Design of
- Proficient electronic / mechanical troubleshooting
- Strong project management / scheduling
- Lean and/or Belt Certification
- Hazardous waste management skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Apex Systems, Round Rock , Engineering Manager - BEOL, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!