Learning Experience Designer III
Company: Houghton Mifflin Co
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Date: May 27, 2021
Location: Round Rock, TX, US, 78681
Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 16814
Learning Experience Designer III
The Learning Experience Designer (LXD) III leverages and applies
relevant teaching and learning experiences in developing
digital-first solutions that solve specific market problems shared
by teachers and students. An LXD III has experience teaching
mathematics or has equivalent experience in building
mathematics-related curriculum products. As an LXD III, you
participate in developing various solutions as part of a
collaborative scrum team and you are comfortable offering opinions
and willing to think innovatively about potential solutions. Using
agile methodologies, as an LXD III you will lead or guide a scrum
team, modeling problem-solving prowess, effective collaboration,
and prioritization skills to deliver incremental value to
Expectations related to User Experience & Instructional
- Help define and influence the end-to-end user journey for all
digital experiences on HMH's teaching and learning platform
- Deliver value to customers in keeping with capacity
constraints, budget, and market expectations, often arriving at and
advocating for fresh, innovative solutions that surprise and
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage and apply expertise in many
areas: mathematics discipline-specific knowledge, assessment,
social emotional learning (SEL), Culturally Responsive Education,
hands-on learning, differentiation, standards analysis, data
analytics, English learner support, etc.
Expectations related to core competencies
- Works flexibly across grade levels, K-5/6-12
- Creates and adapts content and metadata for a digital first
experience, and guides team members in the same, as needed.
Expectations related to Agile Development
- Serves as a product owner or developer on a cross-functional
team responsible for solving teaching and learning problems.
- Relies on discovery and data analysis to test, develop,
deliver, and iteratively optimize solutions in a variety of media
- Understands, applies, and models agile story-pointing and
ceremonies in such a way as to ensure work is completed on time and
is of high quality.
- As developer, actively participates in retrospectives to
identify and offer solutions to problems.
- As product owner, adeptly uses retrospectives as a way to solve
problems and improve team output and collaboration.
Expectations related to Data Analysis
- Seeks out and applies data from a variety of sources, including
HMH's teaching and learning platform, to address market
- Understands and utilizes usage and efficacy data (e.g., task
difficulty, time on task, growth data as connected via the spine)
to guide the team in iterating/improving upon instructional
Expectations related to People
- Takes responsibility to seek out opportunities for deepening
own knowledge and expertise in market environment, pedagogical and
content issues, and process improvements.
- Mentors members of the team in a way that grows strengths
across all team members.
Definition of Success
- Iterative deliveries of solutions that meet market problem
needs on time and budget as measured by product sales, customer
testimonials, and platform usage data.
- Successful state, district, and third-party evaluations that
reflect the high-quality and usability of teaching and learning
- Meeting needs intuitively with little active support/guidance
from more senior members of the team as measured by team
surveys/retrospectives and other means of team feedback.
Minimum Years of Experience
5+ years teaching mathematics or experience in developing
BA required; MA is a plus
- Comfortable working in a variety of digital authoring tools and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and JIRA a
- Agile, digital CMS, data analysis/interpretation
- Microsoft Office, Jira, digital authoring tools
- Subject matter content expertise and/or instructional design
expertise; digital development and delivery (preferred); team
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time
(sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the
office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face,
conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning
company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering
passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12
education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions
across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing
landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and
effective educational content and experiences from early childhood
to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students
in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's
books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by
readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity,
gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status,
disability, or other protected group status.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Training, Curriculum, Learning, Instructional
Designer, Education, Human Resources, Publishing
Keywords: Houghton Mifflin Co, Round Rock , Learning Experience Designer III, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!