Systems Analyst III
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Systems Analyst III
Who you are:
You are one who works well with internal and external business
partners to research problem requests, find and correct production
problems, perform quality reviews of project deliverables and
maintenance development work that is being implemented into
production, and provide technical consulting to end users, IT
Business Analysts, and other stakeholders in the company. You will
also be responsible to ensure that required product deliverables
follow Trellis' standards for quality and maintainability. You will
focus on the mainframe applications that support Collections,
Contact Center Operations, Default Recovery, Default Recovery
Services, and Finance.
Who we are:
Trellis Company is a nonprofit 501(c)3 corporation with the dual
mission of helping student borrowers repay their education loans
and promoting access in higher education. Our strong philanthropic
heritage of giving through grants to colleges, universities, and
research groups remains focused on improving student outcomes,
especially to underserved students, families, and institutions.
As we move into the future, we're drawing on our history,
branching into new sectors beyond student loans, and delivering the
same level of exceptional care and service that our customers have
come to depend on. We remain invested in the success of students
and higher education institutions. This combination of stability
and vision creates a unique intersection: a startup environment at
a company that also has a stable foundation, resulting in an
opportunity for the right candidate to help shape our company's
future. This is an exciting time to join the Trellis team!
The position is located at the Corporate Office in Round Rock,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position incumbent is expected to perform the following
essential duties and responsibilities of the position with
- Works on Trellis Requests or Service Desk requests to develop,
change and test our applications.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves production problems that are
received via Service Desk tickets.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, and tests projects as needed.
- Performs project task analysis, estimating, scheduling, and
- Supports existing production systems, including on call
- Coordinates and monitors software changes going into
- Conducts walkthrough reviews and makes sure all quality and
standards are being followed and product is ready for
implementation to production.
- Provides current production system technical and functional
environment consulting to project/development teams to improve the
development of enhancements to new or existing business
- Conducts system design, programming, user, system, and
- Works closely with IT Business Analyst to decide the best
course of action on development changes.
- Provides technical support and consulting other departments and
other teams within Trellis.
- Develops operational procedure/run instructions.
- Maintains business applications and system documentation.
- Establishes and maintains technical environments.
- Compiles programs and modules.
- Supports data conversion and load operations.
- Monitors and reviews system performance and recommend
- Maintains obsolete legacy systems
- Responds appropriately to customer needs and requests.
- Establishes and maintains development environment.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and advances professional technical and business
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Utilizes change management approaches.
- Work effectively either independently or in a team
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
peers, professionals, and other management team members.
- Quickly learn and apply new ideas and materials.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in
writing, in a courteous and polite manner.
- Simultaneously handle several concurrent activities.
- Possess working knowledge of database operations and
application security fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Ability to work independently or in teams to research and solve
complex technical problems.
- Ability to produce effective documentation for all phases of
application development and support.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of information technology
concepts and trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate functional and technical
topics at multiple levels within organization.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new ideas and
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
in writing, in a courteous and polite manner.
- Ability to handle several concurrent activities.
- Proven ability to apply modern technology to complex
- Experienced with modern security technology and concepts.
- Possess awareness of non-public information (NPI) privacy
- Manage project and schedule time constraints and
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems,
or related field. Experience beyond the minimum work experience
requirement can be substituted for college hours on a year-for-year
- Six or more years of experience servicing in increasingly
responsible roles with IBM mainframe development and support.
- Experience with COBOL, DB2, Z/OS, TSO, DB2 utilities, JCL, and
- Experience with IBM development/testing utilities, and BMC
Control products is preferred.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Occasionally must move about inside the office.
- Repetitive motion. Regularly operates a computer, phone, and
general office equipment.
- Regularly required to handle, feel, grasp objects and reach
across a work area.
- Regularly communicates with other employees and on the phone,
virtually, or in person with clients. Regularly converses with
internal and external contacts.
- Visual acuity. Regularly must have close visual acuity to view
and enter information into computer and software systems, analyze
data, develop presentations and reports, and other materials.
- Mental focus. Requires worker to maintain focus and exchange
detailed and accurate information through oral and written
- Work may be conducted remotely or in an office with a
surrounding small cubicle environment.
- Office work environment is climate controlled with no
substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Must participate in on-call rotation in support of Trellis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, gender identity or sexual orientation. We are also an equal
opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Keywords: TG, Round Rock , Systems Analyst III, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!