Technical Sales Specialist
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What you will do:
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical expertise
for the Facebook physical security infrastructure as part of the
Facebook Technical Operations Center (TOC). Located in Menlo Park,
CA, the TOC provides phone support, troubleshooting, resolution and
documentation support services to Facebook associates,
administrative and support personnel.
How you will do it:
- Provide technical support for end users, systems administrators
and service support technicians on Facebook-deployed security
- Working in a team environment, triage and troubleshoot
Tier2-level problems by leveraging personal skill sets, compiled
knowledge databases and by collaborating as required with TOC peers
- Document issues and resolutions as realized for trend analysis
and lessons learned capture.
- Escalate issues requiring manufacturer/vendor assist to
appropriate vendor and/or senior applications engineering
- Maintain the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction,
responding promptly and thoroughly to issues as encountered in the
What we look for:
- Comprehensive knowledge of security systems technology
including, but not limited to:
- Software House/CCure supported hardware (iStar panels, REX,
Card readers, locks, door contacts, etc.) - Base certification
required, advanced preferred
- Genetec supported hardware (Axis cameras, IO Modules, LPR,
etc.) - Base certification required, advanced preferred
- Commend Intercom systems
- Strong IP Networking skills
- Knowledge of basic field troubleshooting techniques for low
voltage systems (ground faults, shorts, use of test equipment like
a Multi meter, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems and
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Assertive, self-starter, exhibits a strong sense of
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with
users about their support needs and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment and highly
motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Skilled at problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding
environment, under substantial deadlines and pressure.
- Willingness to travel as needed to remote offices for end user
and project support.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external
customers and vendors
- Minimum 2 years physical security experience
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Round Rock , Technical Sales Specialist, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!