Equipment Quality Maintenance (EQM) Technician
Company: Apex Systems
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Excellent permanent opportunity in Round Rock, TX. For immediate
response, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment Quality Maintenance (EQM) Technician
- This opportunity consists of performing various maintenance
tasks in order to repair, sustain, and improve equipment and
processes utilized in a photomask manufacturing facility.
- The EQM technician is responsible for maintenance and repair of
manufacturing equipment by performing electrical / mechanical
troubleshooting to determine root cause of problems; performing
preventative maintenance tasks on manufacturing equipment in
conjunction with production demands and equipment availability;
using test and diagnostic equipment to perform troubleshooting and
repairs; and dismantling, adjusting, repairing, and installing
equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or
repair manuals, rough sketches, and drawings.
- Sourcing, purchasing and managing spare parts is also a vital
role in sustaining this equipment. EQM technicians will also need
to form relationships and work with outside vendors to obtain parts
and/or troubleshoot technical problems.
- This job requires working closely with Engineering and
Manufacturing functions to fully understand production and
engineering needs in order to make detailed, documented suggestions
for equipment and process improvements, and adhering to Management
of Change processes for implementation.
- The EQM technician will also utilize statistical process
control (SPC) fundamentals in order to create and maintain process
controls, quantify equipment performance, make tool corrections for
deviations in performance, and to drive equipment reliability.
- The EQM technician will also provide technical training and
guidance to process engineers and/or manufacturing as needed. This
job does require the need to carry a pager and may require being
involved in an "On-Call" rotation per departmental policy.
- Responsibilities of this job also include the handling of
hazardous chemicals, working on equipment that uses hazardous
chemicals, and maintaining a high standard of safety while
performing job tasks. Depending on incoming skill level this job
also may be specific to one or more tool sets within the
Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years equipment maintenance experience within
the Semiconductor/Electronics Industry preferred.
- AA degree (or greater) in Electronics or related field
preferred. Equivalent experience may substitute for a degree.
- Knowledge of clean room equipment maintenance, involving
precision test equipment and electrical schematics, ISO 9000
standards and associated documentation practices.
- Knowledge of SPC techniques and WINSPC system.
- UNIX experience a plus
- Proficient electronic troubleshooting skills (experience with
oscilloscope setup and use, reading electrical schematics, board
level testing/repair is a plus)
- Electrical / Mechanical troubleshooting skills suitable for
semiconductor electronics equipment i.e. circuit boards,
pneumatics, pumps, robots, etc. (not heavy machinery).
- Proficient problem solving / analytical skills
- Technical acumen, judgment - detailed oriented troubleshooting
- Experience working with lasers and optical alignment of lasers
is a plus
- Communication (oral/written) and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills; self-starter and
- Working knowledge of a variety of computer platforms (Linux,
SunOS, Solaris, BSD) and network setups.
- Basic programming skills (Visual Basic, JAVA, etc) a plus
- UNIX experience (Shell scripting, PERL, etc.) a plus
- Customer service orientation
- Cost estimation and training skills
- Proficient CAD design skills a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work within safety protocol
requirements; Hazardous waste management skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Apex Systems, Round Rock , Equipment Quality Maintenance (EQM) Technician, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!