Engineer Manager OEM
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Engineer Manager is responsible for ensuring proper
operations maintenance service and repair of all equipment while
supporting the Aimbridge Hospitality goals of guest satisfaction
cost control and profitability. He/she is also responsible for
overseeing and participating in the Preventative Maintenance
program ensuring that all rooms and public space meet Aimbridge
Hospitality standards. Management-level associates are expected to
work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years
of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Current Certification as required by Federal State or Local
governing agents pertaining to trade requirements (i.e. HVAC pool
operation electrical) property specific.
- Current certification and licensing to operate and repair the
hotels boilers and chillers as required by state city and local
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Train and supervise the hourly Engineering staff and coordinate
- Review Engineering staff's worked hours for payroll compilation
and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Focus the Engineering Department on their role in contributing
to the guest service scores.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Engineering personnel
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Engineering interviews and follow
hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Respond to employee emergency situations using information
contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily
available (with Housekeeping Manager).
- Establish ongoing training for all departments especially
Housekeeping Front Desk and Kitchen to maintain basic upkeep of
their departments and equipment.
- Adhere to budgeted or re-forecasted expense allotments using
proper procedures for all purchases and keep all necessary items
(light bulbs name tags etc.) stocked.
- Coordinate all inspections of the fire safety systems including
extinguishers smoke alarms etc. to maintain proper safety
- Manage energy expenses and continually work towards energy
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Ensure that the Preventative Maintenance program is implemented
and administered according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Evaluate and spot check the work of all staff and contractors
or outside laborers.
- Handle guestroom maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain files of and be familiar with all operational manuals
and warranty agreements for equipment.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact
location and cause; determine emergency status and report to Guest
Services and/or the General Manager with findings.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly
courteous and helpful to guests all other employees and
- Act as emergency contact person.
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions
required by management.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Ensure that pool and spa are in compliance with area health
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees; Ensure the proper use of radio
etiquette within department.
- Chair Safety Committee as well as help coordinate fire drills
and the training of all employees on safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality
Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Conduct daily property tour of the hotel and exterior perimeter
for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation
- Handle items for Lost and Found_ according to the
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General
Residence Inn Austin Round Rock hotel stands out among
extended-stay Round Rock hotels for excellent service and brand new
amenities. Each of our pet-friendly, apartment-style suites offers
50% more space than an average hotel room and includes a full
kitchen, flat-screen TV and separate living and sleeping areas.
Guests can enjoy our free hot breakfast buffet with healthy
options, the 24-hr Market located in the lobby and ask us about our
free grocery shopping service to help stock their in-suite fridge.
With over 700 sq. ft. of event space and proximity to Dell and
Hospira, business travel is easy at our Round Rock hotel. Families
will have a great time too in our outdoor pool, playing a game of
basketball on SportCourt or grilling out on our BBQ patio. Whether
on a long business trip or taking a family getaway, Residence Inn
Austin Round Rock hotel is the perfect choice for a home away from
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Round Rock , Engineer Manager OEM, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!