Location: Round Rock
Posted on: July 17, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Lead - Surgical
am -9:00 pm Monday - Thursday, may be asked to rotate to cover off
shift PTO requests (nights, weekends) 2-3 times per year. Will
participate in monthly call rotation. Because of trauma designation
associate must be able to respond to department within 30 minutes
of call activation.
Center Williamson, Round Rock, TX
*** 3-5 years of clinical experience as a
surgical technologist, CST certification. BLS certification
required. Experience in Trauma, Orthopedics, General surgery to
include robotics, vascular, GYN, Plastics, Spine and Neuro***
Why you want to work at Ascension
- Level II Trauma Center
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Currently seeking ANCC Pathway to
- 8 Operating Rooms
- 3,8000 procedures annually including
complex surgery such as
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a
variety of complex surgical procedures
- Two daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine,
and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction
- Low staff turnover
What You Will Do:
Lead daily operations of surgical suites in
support of surgical procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Lead and coordinate shift operations including schedules and
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile
instruments and supplies.
- Assist surgeons during surgery, providing required and
requested instruments and supplies to surgeon and assisting with
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors and
tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Perform staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provide
input to staff performance evaluations.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of
Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for
Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical
Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire
date or job transfer date.
- Central Service Tech preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The
University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where
candidates can find both career and clinical education
opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Round Rock , Lead-Surgical Svcs, Other , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!