We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Surgical Services (Surgery)
Ascension Seton Williamson - Round Rock,
PRN Rotating - Primary weekday
coverage on day shift either 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts.
Associate will be expected to participate in monthly call
rotation for minimum of 3 weekday shifts per month or 1 weekend
shift. Associate will also be required to participate in
holiday coverage - either call or work Because of call
requirements and Level II trauma designation associate must be able
to respond and arrive on site within 30 minutes of
**Prefer BSN and CNOR. Prefer
3 or more years perioperative experience and experience in a Level
II trauma facility.
Here is why you want to work at
Ascension Seton Williamson:
What You Will Do:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke Center
- Pathway to Excellence has been achieved
- 8 Operating Rooms
- 3,8000 procedures annually including complex surgery such
- Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex
- Two daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN
- Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine,
and neurosurgical procedures
- O-arm for spine surgery
- ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
- MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
- High surgeon satisfaction ratings
- Low staff turnover
- Partnership with Texas A&M School of Nursing to provide
Perioperative Internship/Capstone for spring semester students (in
4th year currently). This is a focused clinical experience
involving completion of AORN Periop 101 modules and 120 hours of
clinical experience for 4 nursing students.
Deliver professional nursing care in the
operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive
What You Will Need:
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of
instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording
and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing
care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks
including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment
- Participate in pre-operative assessment of the patient.
- Provide closure of the subcutaneous and skin without the
surgeon’s assistance as requested. Placs and suture drains as
directed. Document experience needed to maintain competency.
- Identify patient/family learning needs and implement
appropriate measures when assisting responsibilities permit.
Promote patients/staff relationships and affect conflict
resolution. Participate in development of scheduling system to
assure absence of conflict. Assist with staff
- Participate in product evaluation, cost containment and
ordering of supplies, organization and proper processing of
supplies, instruments and equipment. Contribute to and participate
in quality improvement and other appropriate committee
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Licensure / Certification /
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The
University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where
candidates can find both career and clinical education
opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information